DG-16-12 Review

manufacturer: Fender date: 09/23/2005 category: Acoustic Guitars
Fender: DG-16-12
The DG-16-12 joins the sweeping timbre of a 12-string, with all the upscale features of the DG-16. A select Spruce top, Mahogany back and sides, Grade A Rosewood fingerboard, snowflake position markers, and die-cast tuners finish off this distinctive instrument.
 6.3
 7.2
 5.4
review (1) user comments vote for this gear:
DG-16-12 Reviewed by: knoob, on september 23, 2005

Features: The DG-16-12 joins the sweeping timbre of a twelve string, with all the upscale features of the DG-16. A select spruce top, mahogany back and sides, Grade A rosewood fingerboard, snowflake position markers and die-cast tuners finish off this distinctive instrument. - Dreadnought - 20 frets - Laminated spruce top - Mahogany sides and back - Scale length 25.3" - Rosewood bridge - Rosewood (Grade A) fretboard. // 7

Sound: This guitar suits my music style almost perfectly. I play mostly rock and a lot of acoustic songs. It's hard for me to say exactly what kind of music it works for but it works great for my own songs and stuff. It's a bit on the bright side but that's ok. It actually sounds a lot better than I thought it would (lets face it, it's not a Martin or whatever) but has the sound I like and for me its just wonderful. // 7

Action, Fit & Finish: The action and finish was just as I wanted it to be. Nothing to complain about here. // 8

Reliability & Durability: I think it would withstand live playing but I wouldn't use for live gigs anyways. Sure I can take this with me to partys etc. but playing anything else than that would not work. Not for me anyways. Sure it can take a beating and has done so many times. Sometimes it delivers and sometimes it doesn't. It is a workhorse that really tries to be everything you want it to be. // 7

Overall Impression: I've been playing for about a year and I've been picky about the sound from the start and this guitar sure makes me wanna make sweet love to it but sometimes it fails to deliver what I'm looking for. Don't get me wrong I love this guitar more than any of my other guitars and it is a good guitar. However don't expect anything magical. It suits my needs perfectly, and I can't really argue with that. // 7

More Fender reviews rating category latest review
+ Frontman 212R 100W 8.2 Guitar Amplifiers 04/21/2014