DG-22S Review

manufacturer: Fender date: 04/20/2004 category: Acoustic Guitars
Fender: DG-22S
Solid Spruce Top. Rosewood Fingerboard. Nato Neck. Rosewood Bridge. Gold, (Die-Cast) Machine Heads. Dreadnought Body Style. 20 Frets.
 8.1
 8.8
 7.4
review (1) 4 comments vote for this gear:
DG-22S Reviewed by: unregistered, on april 20, 2004

Features: About a year ago I bought a Fender DG22, it's red with gold machine heads, and in excellent condition. I spent a couple of times in the shop looking for the right testing out Gibson, Dean's and others, this one stuck out the most. One thing I have noticed, many maybe all Fender acoustics have only one strap button...why is that? // 10

Sound: I play a wide variety of music, and this guitar can do it all. I will be playing with friends and mine definitely is the loudest without even hammering on. The sound is great except the 6th string (e) buzzes and pings alot. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar was set up just fine, a little tunning here and there and everything sounded great. // 8

Reliability & Durability: It'll definitely live up to my expectations and more, a finely crafted Fender that I would be devistated if anything happened to it. // 10

Overall Impression: I'd rate this an overall 4 because giving a 5 is being a bit concited, but o well. I've been playing for 5 years and I also own a Fender Strat and a Hoyer jazz guitar, I plan on buying another acoustic to mess around with so that this one can stay in its mint condition. // 8

More Fender reviews rating category latest review
+ Jazzmaster - Lee Ranaldo Signature 8.6 Electric Guitars 12/19/2014