Gemini 2 Review

Action, Fit & Finish: 8.5
 Features: 8.5
reviews (2) 12 comments vote for this gear:
Gemini 2 Reviewed by: kam3, on august 03, 2006

Features: This is a 1982 Fender guitar made in the the United States. It has a normal 20 fret fret board made of rosewood, the guitar has a solid-top made of rosewood with a transparent finish and a strat style body design which is kinda annoying without the cutaway, but has a string-through body bridge style that is great. When I bought this guitar it came with the original case, extra strings, guitar tuner, a capo, and 3 0.96mm Fender picks. // 9

Sound: This guitar suits my musical style (which is country, soft rock, stuff like that). I haven't been using any amps or any effects with it, but it has a rich full sound that just echo's and brights up any room it is played in no matter if the song is sad and gloomy or bright asnd happy. This guitar also plays a lot of variety from classical to contemporary music. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar was made at top percision at the factory and the top was properly bookmatched and looks great and the bridge was properly routed. The Fender Gemini when I got it (in 2004) and still as a 20 year old guitar when I bought it it contained not a scratch any were on the guitar no flaws everything was absolutly perfect used a bit but very cared for and the finish was very well looked after which I find very good about this guitar and another thing is it is very easy to take care of. // 8

Reliability & Durability: This guitar would withstand live playing and has many times. The hardware is rock solid and has withstood 20 years of life. The strap buttons look brand new with a mark and have been used a lot, haven't yet but would deffently would use it on a live stage without backup. The finish is beautifuly done and will last 20 years more than it has already lasted. // 9

Overall Impression: I personally like to play hard rock, classic rock, oldies, and stuff like that this wonderfull guitar can play it and does sound as bad as I thought it would, I have been playing for about 4 years and this is my third guitar if I lost it I would deffintly try to find one exactly like it or any other Vintage Fender guitar. My favorite thing about this guitar is that it has a bi fret board and actuly fits my finger. My favorite feature about this guitar that it came with all of the extra gear. I cant compare this guitar with another one because it is in its own league. I chose this guitar because a good friend of mind told me about Fender and this was the only one I could afford but would deffinitly would have got if even if I could affort a better one. // 9

Gemini 2 Reviewed by: Mistaa Man, on november 19, 2007

Features: My 1987 Fender Gemini II, which I inherited from my dad, made in, I am pretty sure, Korea, has 20 frets on a Rosewood fingerboard and body. Natural finish on a dreadnought body style. Stays in tune for a while, Fender tuners. No accessories that I know of were included (except for the picks he gave me). // 8

Sound: Well considering I play a lot of heavy stuff, it can't suit it, it is acoustic, not electric. But it is very good for acoustic stuff, or clean stuff if you want to. I use 9 gauge electric guitar strings on it and it actually sounds quite good. It actually is pretty loud too if you can play it good enough (open chords is what I am talking about). Power chords seem to be less louder. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar is old, and I don't think my dad has adjusted the truss rod for a while before I got it (it remained unused for a few years). But then as soon as I started lessons my guitar teacher fixed the rod and now the action is nice and low. It doesn't stay in tune quite as well as it probably used to (it is 20 years old, what do you expect). But it still does stay in tune pretty decently. // 9

Reliability & Durability: If I used it Live I think it could make it through the show, might need to stop for a tune job afterwards (especially if I am bending because that knocks you out of tune quicker). But it is very durable, and, clumsy me whacks it off things all the time, still no harm, even after 20 years it looks great. There is only one strap button (the bottom). Which kinda sucks cause I usually like to stand and play. But I can sacrifice for once I guess. If I was on a gig with it, it would probably only be for a few songs because I play more electric stuff. But if I was always acoustic then yes probably would use it with no backup. Very durable. // 10

Overall Impression: It matches the acoustic or clean stuff. I play metal and stuff so 50/50. Almost 2 years of playing, Epiphone Les Paul Special II, Ibanez Gio GSZ120, Line 6 Spider III, and a Entry guitar (ION). I would try to find another guitar like this if it were taken or stolen because it is really nice. I love the guitar in general, really, I think it is great! I haven't compared it to anything, because, I don't play so much acoustic. But I am starting to now kinda. Wish it had a pickup so I could go amped up. Maybe a whammy bar too. // 9

More Fender reviews rating category latest review
+ DG-20S 8.3 Acoustic Guitars 07/29/2014