Songwriter Deluxe Review

manufacturer: Gibson date: 11/04/2010 category: Acoustic Guitars
Gibson: Songwriter Deluxe
This is a 06 model of the Gibson Songwriter Deluxe made in the usa using top materials.
review (1) pictures (2) 5 comments vote for this gear:
Songwriter Deluxe Reviewed by: Chalkie uk, on november 04, 2010

Features: This is a 06 model of the Gibson Songwriter Deluxe made in the usa using top materials, Ebony Fingerboard with Rolled Edges and Split Parallelogram Inlays Sitka spruce, rosewood back and sides L.R. Baggs Element Active Acoustic Pickup System Looks superb.... // 10

Sound: I'm no pro but this to me sounds nice and bright... I play Acoustic versions of rock songs etc and abit of oldie Folk strummin down the pub on friday nights. It has the option to plug in and play throuh an amp but I'm pretty dure I could fill a room without this if I hit those strings hard enough... // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The action is low and is very easy for me to play... But I guess as I purchased it from the guitar tech of the quireboys it was always gonna be setup well... (if you can do anything with an acoustic?) As it has been out on gigs with the quireboys it is well used and there are a couple of light marks on the body and the gold is wearing slightly on the tuning pegs... (does this make it a worse or better guitar? I think better!!) // 10

Reliability & Durability: It has been gigged... only finish thats wearing is the tuning pegs.. everything else feels great on the guitar, the grover tuning pegs still feel solid and adjust with ease... it has been kept in its hardcase so it should last and last a life time... Don't think I will ever buy another Acoustic again! // 10

Overall Impression: I love it I play Folk to rock classics.. Been playing 3 years, have had a Epiphone aj100 and a Tanglewood Acoustic before... This wipes the floor with both of them in every department... If you want a nice sounding, versatile Acoustic guitar... I don't think you could much better than this... Looks the biz... Sounds the biz... // 10

More Gibson reviews rating category latest review
+ Explorer Vampire Blood Moon 9 Electric Guitars 09/15/2014