GAD-30 Review

manufacturer: Guild date: 12/24/2007 category: Acoustic Guitars
Guild: GAD-30
The GAD-30 has an orchestra body, solid spruce top, solid mahogany back and sides, rosewood fingerboard and bridge, bone nut and saddle, mahogany neck, wood binding and pearl dot inlay.
 8.5
 9.8
 7.2
review (1) 6 comments vote for this gear:
GAD-30 Reviewed by: Kipyt, on december 24, 2007

Purchased from: Centerstage

Features: This Guild Acoustic guitar was made in 2007, "Handcrafted In China" with 20 frets on a beautiful Indian rosewood fretboard that sits atop a solid spruce top orchestra style body with mahogany back and sides, inside that body are passive electronics (no controls), the tuners are Grover tuners that will never let those strings get out of tune. This guitar comes with a vintage tweed case with leather sides, that adds to all of this guitars immense beauty, and a plush insides that holds the guitar like it was the king of all other acoustic guitars. // 10

Sound: I play the blues and some folk and pop style music, and it fills my need for both of those styles! I have no acoustic amps to use this guitar with sadly, so I haven't tried that out much, it's not noisy, yet however it is loud, one thing I noticed when I first strummed this guitar is it is loud with even the lightest pluck. and I compared it to all the other guilds in the store (including a western), it never buzzes, and I have never had one problem with sound. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: This guitar was set up amazingly in the factory, everything is in line, and everything sounds great! The action is amazing, I can press the strings against the frets without having to strain my fingers, it's an ease to work with. There is however a problem with the bottom strap button on the guitar, and maybe this is just mine, but it seems when I take the strap off/put it on, it comes unscrewed kind of easily, not like falling out unscrewed, but unscrewed slightly none the less. I give this a 9 for the strap button. // 9

Reliability & Durability: This guitar can stand up to Live playing like a god, everything on it is invincible, I can use this in a small setting without an amp at all, the only problem I have with it like I said is the bottom strap button, other than that, the strings stay in tune, it's loud, and it's quite a looker for the crowd too! It has a beautiful design on the fret markers, and a unique pickguard and of course that classic Guild headstock that I've grown to love because of this guitar! Very reliable! // 10

Overall Impression: Overall what I have to say about this guitar, it was the perfect birthday gift for my 16th birthday! I got this guitar instead of a car for my birthday, just to show you how much I love it! I compared this guitar to all the other acoustics in the store, (and I even had choices in the thousand dollar range) and this is what I chose! I do not, and will not regret buying this guitar, and I know if you bought it you would not regret it either. // 10

More Guild reviews rating category latest review
+ D-125 8.5 Acoustic Guitars 04/07/2014