AEF1812ENT Review

manufacturer: Ibanez date: 04/29/2005 category: Acoustic Guitars
Ibanez: AEF1812ENT
Slim necks, feedback resistant bodies, warm resonant tones, and attractive finishes define Ibanez AE acoustic-electrics. The AEF1812ENT 12 String features a spruce top, mahogany back and sides, Ibanez/B-Band SQR Pickup, rosewood fingerboard with pearl dot inlays, and more!
 8.2
 8.3
review (1) user comments vote for this gear:
AEF1812ENT Reviewed by: unregistered, on april 29, 2005

Features: Its slim neck, feedback-resistant body, and warm resonant tones distinguish the AEF1812ENT from the crowd. Its mahogany back, sides, and neck provides rich warm lows and sweet sustain. - Die-cast tuners - Mahogany neck - Rosewood bridge and fretboard - Ibanez/B-Band SQR pickup - Ibanez AEQ-SSR shape shifter EQ - D'Addario EXP strings - Ivorex II nut and saddle - Advantage bridge pins - Pearl dot inlay - Gloss finish - Spruce top - Mahogany back/sides - 12 string die-cast chrome tuners. // 8

Sound: This guitar fits my music style just fine because I play a lot of unplugged style rock music and the 12-string really booms out over other insturments. I use this guitar acoustic and plugged in through my Laney 80AC acoustic amp and it sounds fantastic. This guitar doesn't sound like an all plywood guitar at all, very bright tone and the bass sticks out well with good trebles. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: The action is good on this guitar and I have not had to have it changed at all. When I bought this guitar, the strings were strung very close together on each course of strings and that made it feel like a wide-necked 6-string. Like most 12-strings I have owned, the high-g tuner had a rough spot on it that sliced the string a few times but that is easily filed down at a music repair shop. // 8

Overall Impression: Like I said before I play a lot of unplugged rock, but with effects pedals like delay and chorus and this guitar sounds great with all of them. I have been playing about 2 and a half years, I own a Hohner classical guitar, a Laney 80AC 80 watt acoustic/electric amp with dual channel. I own a Boss DD-20 Giga Delay Pedal and a Boss Super Chorus pedal. If this guitar were to get stolen, I would probably mourn for about a day and then I would try and find another guitar to replace it, but not the same one, but definitely a 12-string. I wish this guitar had a solid top to add a little more punch to it, but I'm not going to hate it because of it. // 8

More Ibanez reviews rating category latest review
+ GRG170DX 8.5 Electric Guitars 12/09/2014