AW140QMECE Review

8.8
 9.8
review (1) 1 comment vote for this gear:
AW140QMECE Reviewed by: Jasont69, on november 03, 2007

Features: New Artwood Series model for 2007. Artwood guitars offer more quality, sound, and value than guitars that cost considerably more. Which is why they continue to be the most popular solid-topped guitars in their price range year after year. // 9

Sound: Well I play anythin from Classical Gas, finger pickin to Flogging Molly (Irsih folk rock) and it souns friggin sweet! On my amp I even out the treble and the middle a bit so it doesn't sound so dirty and it gives you a rich sort of acoustic sound, can tell by the low and rich E string acoustic sound. But then if you want to make it sound real country dirty like you just turn the treble, yup make sencse I know but it just gives you that just sort of right sound when you goin acoustic no matter fast or slow. You can play pretty much any acoustic music to this guitar it just take a bit of screwing around with the amp and the pick up on the guitar. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: The shape and feel of the guitar just make me feel like Eric Clapton himself (I wish). The pickup setup and every thing was pretty sweet. I'm very happy with the built in tuner now I can just turn it on and tune. All my mates was impressed with the vine inlay on the neck, that made them thought it was a $2000 guitar. I had no problems with the guitar, mind you I only had it for 5 weeks. Yea this guitar is too good to be ture to me, Ibanez done it again. // 9

Reliability & Durability: Not only it looks good it can be pretty reliable too. The strap bottons are solid as, just had to make sure the strap was not twisted. Of course it has a scarch plate on it, I would play on stage withou back up, once agiang I only had it for about 5 weeks. It's also light. I've been playin it 24/7 becasue I'm in love with it and it's seem fine infact it wants me to play it a bit more. // 8

Overall Impression: Last of all this guitar is properly the best guitar I've ever own becasue not only it looks good it's also reliable. I play Flogging Molly most of the time but then lately I've picked up Classical Soul and still find the guitar sound awesome for both type of music. I've been following Ibanez for a while now and never once they let me down so far and I just couldn't say anythin bad about them and there products yet. I got to say it really kicks ass. // 10

More Ibanez reviews rating category latest review
+ RG140 Roadstar II 9 Electric Guitars 08/21/2014