AW85ECE Review

8.6
review (1) pictures (1) 2 comments vote for this gear:
AW85ECE Reviewed by: ilikekfc, on september 11, 2012

Purchased from: GAK

Features: I do not know what year this guitar was made but I know it was made in china.it has 20 frets on a rosewood fretboard, the neck is quite thin for an acoustic. It has rosewood back and sides with a Cedar top, which looks great with the nitro finish. It has a dreadnought cutaway body which is a decent width for the price. I payed about 250 quid at the time but they have increased in price now to about 350 I believe. It has a rosewood bridge and standard Ibanez gold tuners. // 10

Sound: It has a great sound which suits me very well, I play it a couple of times when with the band and it does the job that an acoustic is suppose to do. I play it through the same amp as my electric and it sounds fine, it has a very good balance between the high and low notes which I like because I found most acoustics tend to be more high pitched then others. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: When the guitar first came, after waiting two months because GAK said they had it in stock but actually got sent from the factory, the action was horrendous, you could fit two 2 pound coins under the E string on the 12 fret and still have room for more. I got it set up professionally and now it is fantastic, easy to play. The nitro finish on the body has been applied well and the finish on the neck is very good. When I first got the guitar there was a mark on the front that I would guess happened at the factory. // 6

Reliability & Durability: I have used it live a few times now and have never taken a backup, I do not think you would need a backup. The guitar feels well put together and the hardware seems solid. The electrics are fine and the built in tuner is very accurate. The strap buttons are solid and the finish is good enough to last. // 9

Overall Impression: I would recommend this guitar to anyone who is looking for a good affordable electro acoustic, it not only sounds good but it looks good. I wish I went to a store to buy one because of the delay it had taken to arrive and the very poor action. I love the playability when it was set up, if it was stolen I would be very angry but I would go and look at some other guitars as this one seems to not be in production any more. // 8

More Ibanez reviews rating category latest review
+ GRG170DX 8.5 Electric Guitars 12/09/2014