TCM50 Review

manufacturer: Ibanez date: 11/07/2005 category: Acoustic Guitars
Ibanez: TCM50
Talman Series
Talman Double Cutaway Body. Die-Cast Tuning Machines. Mahogany Neck. Rosewood Bridge & Fretboard. Ibanez AP2 Magnetic Pickup. AEQ200M Preamp. Ash Top. Mahogany Back & Sides. Wooden Marquetry Pickguard.
 Reliability & Durability: 9.5
 Action, Fit & Finish: 8.5
 8.5
 9.3
 7.7
reviews (2) 5 comments vote for this gear:
TCM50 Reviewed by: stonyman65, on november 07, 2005

Features: This guitar was made in 2004 in China. Thin mahogany neck with a rosewood fretboard. Pearl dot inlays and 20 medium jumbo frets. 25 1/2 scale and 9 1/2" radius. Laminated ash top with a Vintage brown sunburst gloss finish. Mahogany back and sides. Single cut-away body (Talman shape) and a Ibanez Advantage Plus bridge. Active electronics. 3 band EQ (trebble, bass and volume). One Ibanez AEQ200M magnetic pickup. Standard Ibanez tuners. // 10

Sound: My music style is almost everything exept country and this guitar suits it like a dream! I am usig a Marshall MG15CD (I know it sucks, getting a Carvin MTS 3212 soon) and a Boss ME-50 (I don't bother with the effects board when I use it I just hook in straight into the amp). This guitar has a rich sound. Not as rich as a drednought but rich none the less. This guitar can do what ever you want it too, you just have to know what your doing. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: Everything was fine except for 2 things. The intonation is a little off (have to get the bridge moved by my luithier) and when I got the guitar It had a dent in the finish under the bridge but I don't know if it was like that when it came off the truck or when I got it but that was fixed when I exchanged it for a new one, besides that its perfect. // 9

Reliability & Durability: This thing will last for a long time, probably until the day I die. It's reliable. // 9

Overall Impression: I love this guitar! I've been playing for 4 years and this is the best acoustic I've used. I own 2 other guiats a Fender American Stratocaster and a Ibanez Jem from '97. I have a Boss ME-50 and a cry baby wha and a Marshall MG15CD amp. The only thing I wish this had is locking tuners but I'm gonna get them when I get the cash. If this where stolen I would kill the person who stole it I would probably buy a Taylor Grand Aditorium cut-away accoustic then re-buy this one. I love everything about it except that it shows dust and fingerprints like you wouldn't beleive! I bought this guitar because I love the sound and the shape of it is amazing. I can't stand the shape of a drednought. // 9

TCM50 Reviewed by: LngBchSublime, on april 13, 2004

Features: This is a new model for 2003 from the talman series like most Ibanez guitar it was made in China. Comes with 20 frets, crome hardware, and a rosewood bridge and fretboard. The top is made of Ash and the back, side, and neck are made of mahogany, high gloss Vintage brown sunburst finish. It has a two band E.Q. (Bass, Treble, and volume comtrol). The pick-up is a AP2 Magnetic Soundhole pickup which makes it sound more like an eletric. It is a double cut-away body, very pretty to look at, I have had alot of comments on how nice it looks. // 10

Sound: My style is kinda bluesy, reggae, punk, ska, with some Jack Johnson and Ben Harper thrown in and this guitar has lived up to my expectations. I pretty much keep it straight acoustic, but when I do plug into an amp it sounds more like an eletric then an acoutic. Most of the sound you get from it is very full mid range, but use Dean Markley Alchemy strings and they give the guitar the right sound by bring it up and making it a little more brighter. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar I bought was sitting on the wall for a couple of months so it got a little beat up, the only real complaint I have it the neck it completely lined to the body, where the neck meets the body the neck is over too much so the body sticks out a little bit. I don't know if it just my guitar that this happened to. You'll have to see yourself. The action is a right in the middle not to low but not high for me it is perfect. // 8

Reliability & Durability: My guitar has withstood a lot of live playing and the hardware is very durable. The finish is soild I chipped a little bit of it, but I dropped it on the ground. The strap buttons I have had to tighten, but once you tighten them they stay. I depend on this as my main guitar when I play and I would be crazy never to bring a back to a gig, but if I could with this guitar. // 10

Overall Impression: I have been playiing for about a year and 4 months (I have had it for 1 year). I own 3 other acoustics and one Charvel. If this guitar was lost or stolen I would buy another a.s.a.p. I love the look of the guitar I has a very unique look to it. I don't hate anything about it, it doesn't show dirt which is a plus and it is a very high quality for the price. I wish it had a bulit in tuner that would make life easier. The only other thing I would like to mention is I named it Jolene. // 8

More Ibanez reviews rating category latest review
+ Artcore AFS75T 9.3 Electric Guitars 07/10/2014