Acoustic-Electric Review

7.8
review (1) 1 comment vote for this gear:
Acoustic-Electric Reviewed by: o0Monte0o, on october 18, 2010

Purchased from: Local Music Store

Features: It was made in 2010 in China by JB Player Guitars, a very unheard of (yet very reliable) guitar company. It has 20 frets, which I believe are standard. It's Acoustic/Electric with sliders on the top, they are: Presence, Middle, Bass, Treble, and Volume, along with a frequency adjustment. The neck/fretboard is made of a very dark wood while the rest is just pine I think. It's black with a very nice gloss finish, almost like car paint, but smoother. It doesn't contain an auto tuner (I use a Fender tuner), but it stays in tune for weeks before it goes down or up a little. It didn't come with anything, but it fits all straps. One problem I had is there is no place for the strap to be secured on the top of the neck. I usually put it around the tuning knob, which probably isn't good for it. // 8

Sound: It is acoustic, as I've said before, but don't let that discourage anyone who plays hard rock, because it can take quite a bit of abuse. I don't use an amplifier hardly ever because I don't need it, but the sound transition is perfect from guitar to amplifier, no change in sound at all. The ability to adjust Bass, Treble, ect is very cool. I have Martin copper (or brass?) strings on it, and it gives it a very bright sound. The strings it came with were the same way, but slightly flatter. When you buy it, I recommend getting strings that fit your playing style. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: It was perfect when I got it, nothing was out of place, except the strap button screws were a little loose. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This guitar would do coffee shops and small gigs, but no heavy metal stuff. She's very very reliable, except for the strap buttons, which have a tendency to slip the strap off. I would play it without a backup though. I could picture this lasting for 10+ years before the finish comes off. // 9

Overall Impression: Overall, this guitar is great for everyone. I play softer music, mostly country (Johnny Cash, Willie Nelson) but I have played Three Days Grace songs on it with no difficulty. It isn't a Fender or an Obanez, but you definitely can't tell the difference. It's low cost, low maintenance, and high quality. // 9

Comments