DG222CEQ Review

8.4
review (1) pictures (1) user comments vote for this gear:
DG222CEQ Reviewed by: zillaman, on february 26, 2013

Purchased from: Ebay

Features: This guitar was made in 2012 and it 41" long with 20 frets, complete with a cutaway for easier access to the higher frets. With a spruce top, mahogany sides, and ebony fingerboard and bridge it has a nice, rich, full tone and relatively good sustain. It is an electric-acoustic guitar with EQ control. The player may control the bass, treble, and mid levels of the sound, along with the total volume of the guitar. It comes with a battery already packaged and ready to go. Also included with the guitar was a gig bag and a full set of strings. The strings were surprisingly good quality for an off-brand set. // 8

Sound: The overall sound of the guitar is good. It can fill the room without much amplification, and it has a nice smooth tone to it. I use a Line 6 Spider III amplifier with the guitar, and it gets an alright sound out of it. The overall sound of the guitar through the amp is pretty bright, without much bass at all. I generally turn up the bass and turn down the treble so that the sound is better. However, without the amp, it is a beautifully sounding guitar with a deep bass and rich full sound to it. The strings that came with the guitar were decent quality and sound good, but I would recommend replacing them with something better right away. // 7

Action, Fit & Finish: Overall the guitar was good right from the factory. I was able to take it out of the box and play it right away. However, the action was a little high for my taste, making it a little tricky to play an F Chord without buzzing. That is easily adjusted by lowering the bridge a slight bit. The pickups that came with the guitar are nice, they pick up all the strings and send a clear sound to the amplifier. The pickups have controls for volume, bass, treble, and mid, allowing the guitar player to easily adjust the settings from the guitar. // 7

Reliability & Durability: I would not use this guitar in live gigs, just because it is not a high quality guitar, however it is very durable. If it was my gig guitar, I would use it without fear of needing a back up guitar. I have used it for almost 6 months without any sign of it letting up. The neck has not warped with time, and the body has not been dinged up, even with me using it all the time. There is only one strap button, but it has held up very well, with no signs of wear. The finish has stayed on very well, and I don't see any need to replace it. Overall, a very sturdy and dependable guitar. // 10

Overall Impression: This guitar was perfect for me. I use it to practice in my basement and for worship time with small groups. I've lead worship at my youth group, and it sounds great. I would totally buy this guitar again, if I needed a practice guitar but not if I needed a good Concert guitar. It is very light and easy to transport around, and since it isn't a super nice guitar, I can lug it around without fear of what could happen to it in the car, or van ect. This guitar was amazing for the price I paid for it. I would highly recommend it for any beginner guitarist, or an experienced guitarist looking for a nice practice guitar. // 10

Comments