K2TRD Review

manufacturer: Kona date: 02/21/2012 category: Acoustic Guitars
Kona: K2TRD
Thin Body Cutaway Acoustic/Electric Guitar. Red finish with a white pinstripe down the back. I love the sound - I use this guitar to play everything pretty much.
 6.8
 3.6
review (1) pictures (3) 6 comments vote for this gear:
K2TRD Reviewed by: christinaayers, on february 21, 2012

Purchased from: Amazon

Features: Thin Body Cutaway Acoustic/Electric Guitar. Red finish with a white pinstripe down the back. Nato Back and Sides. Laminated Spruce Top. Bound Rosewood Fretboard Rosewood Bridge and Fretboard. Transparent Red Finish. Die-cast Machine Heads. Full Binding on Body, Neck, and Headstock. Has gold finish on the tuning pegs. Active Pick-up System and 3-band EQ. 20 frets, thin neck and body very easy to play. It came with 2 pick guards and Kona cleaning cloth. Can be plugged into amp and has a equalizer on side to change the tone and volume if you plug it into the amp. // 10

Sound: It has a equalizer on the side so I change tone and volume. It has a higher pitch then a regular acoustic its not as loud as an regular full body acoustic but you can plug it into the amp if you want it to be louder but I think its loud enough without the amp. I love the sound I use this guitar to play everything pretty much. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The only flaw I could find on this guitar is that the strings that came on the guitar would stain your finger nails black. I play with my fingers and nails for picking and after a hour of playing I notice my fingers had a black stain on them which I found odd I never had strings do that before but I found no flaws on the guitar it self beside the strings that were on it. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I think it can withstand live playing I've been playing this guitar everyday for almost a year now and it still looks and sounds like it did the day I bought it.The finish looks amazing and the strap buttons are solid I have no problem with keeping a strap on it and I think it is a great guitar to bring on the road with you its thin and easy to take with you. // 10

Overall Impression: I play acoustic/folk and indie/alternative rock. I've been playing guitar for 3 years. Yes I would buy this guitar again I love it! I did shop around I wanted a red thin body guitar and this one was the cheapest one I could find I looked around for months and at music stores they wanted $250 and up for a thin body and I'm so happy I bought the Kona one I really love this guitar. // 10

More Kona reviews rating category latest review
+ KE2SB 8.1 Acoustic Guitars 12/10/2014