KG1N Review

7.4
review (1) pictures (2) 2 comments vote for this gear:
KG1N Reviewed by: chadbo, on june 15, 2012

Purchased from: Ebay

Features: The KG1N is a dreadnought acoustic guitar made in China. It has a solid select spruce top and laminated mahogany back and sides. There is an unfinished rosewood fret board and bridge. Personally I love that. I like it that the natural oils in your fingers finish the fretboard off over the life of the guitar as you play it. The rest of the guitar is finished with a high gloss look. The back and front appear to be "book matched". It is a really sharp looking guitar. // 7

Sound: I play all kinds of music such as classic rock, grunge, modern rock, classic country, modern country, and I also dabble in some classical music such as Bach and Mozart. The guitar sounds fantastic! Not so much with the classical stuff, but of course it's not a classical guitar. I have a guitar just for that music. Back to the Kona. It has a loud, sharp, and accurate sound. It came with awesome D'Addario EXP light strings. The guitar simply sounds great! // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar was set up nice from the factory. However, I have made some minor changes since I have had it. So far I changed the saddle out for a bone saddle. The one it came with was made from plastic. Also, I lowered the action just a fraction. The fit and finish is everything you would expect with a new guitar. // 6

Reliability & Durability: The guitar seems to be well built. I have only had it for 3 months. I can't really comment on the reliability and durability. I feel that this guitar should last a long time. It has a 10 year warranty from Kona. It was easy to register the guitar. You can do all of that from their website. // 7

Overall Impression: I have only been playing for 3 years, but so far this is my favorite guitar of the 5 that I own. I fits most of the music I play. I love this guitar! The guitar is nice looking and I have gotten many comments on it when I take it places. Everybody says, "That is a sharp looking guitar! Who makes that? Kona? Who are they? What does it sound like?" // 8

More Kona reviews rating category latest review
+ KG1CEN 6.9 Acoustic Guitars 12/03/2012