LG-755 Review

8.8
 8.7
reviews (2) 1 comment vote for this gear:
LG-755 Reviewed by: unregistered, on march 29, 2004

Features: It has 17 full frets and 2 single-string frets because fingerboard curves around the sound hole. Fat neck can be annoying at times, but you get used toit. Solid top made of solid mahogany, sides, back and, neck made of alder. Full body with transparent finish (scratches very, very easily) and Wilkinson-style bridge. Lucida Artista standard tuners (Locking) are ok. All in all this is a beutiful spainish made guitar. When playing 16th, 17th, and 18th frets are near impossible. // 6

Sound: Perfect for the Concert Classical Guitarist. Warm, loud sound makes microphones and amps unneeded. Rich and powerful low and high notes. This guitar can pretty much do what any nylon string classical guitar can do. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: This guitar (and all other LG-755's) were hand made in Spain. HANDMADE NOT CUSTOM MADE!! Absulutely no flaws in workmanship. Well routed bridge, and perfectly bookmatched top. Actually it is very well made. // 8

Reliability & Durability: I would trust this guitar with anything but a pick. The hardware is seemingly unbreakable. But as I Said earlier I wouldn't trust it with a pick. It scratches like wax. The finish is thick but it still scratches very easily. But otherwise I would trust it with live playing, or even on a gig without backup. A fairly Reliable guitar. // 8

Overall Impression: I usually play classical and this guitar is perfect for it. In all of my five years of playing I don't think I have ever seen a guitar with a warmer or more powerfull sound. If this one were to wear out I would definitely buy another one. Sometimes I wish that it was Acustic-Electric. I choose this Guitar because of its beutiful sound. Not much that I don't like except that sometimes it seems too loud. All in all this is a quality guitar. // 8

LG-755 Reviewed by: unregistered, on july 12, 2008

Features: This is a Lyon guitar. They didn't have it on the list to choose from. Anyway, this is a great guitar. It has 21 frets and they vary in size (get much smaller the further down they go). They are Medium sized. I am pretty sure that they are made of rosewood, but I am not sure. The guitar has a laminated surface and transparent finish. I am not sure what a Body style is, but it is shaped like a pear and it is what you usually associate with a guitar's shape. Since it's an acoustic guitar, it doesn't have any controls or knobs. Just the guitar itself. It came with an electric tuner (the one where it tells you if the pitch is sharp, flat or just right) from the Lyon company. Accessories that are included include a case, About five picks and the tuner, a strap and a small booklet that tells you how to take care of the guitar and how to change strings, etc. // 10

Sound: My music style is loud and more country and soft rock, although I do play rock songs on it and such. I don't plug it into an amp (again, it's an acoustic) but I use a First Act amp for my keyboard, if that helps. It doesn't do much good, though. It is a First Act, after all. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: I did not find any flaws except that it is really easy to dent (I've only had it for a year or two, and its sides are full of dings and dents). I am not sure if this is a flaw or not (it probably isn't), but it came realy out of tune. My mother (who is pretty good at playing the guitar, just to let you know) can usually tune by ear she's that good) couldn't tune it without the electric tuner. That was a problem for a while. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I am not sure by what you mean by 'Live playing'. It plays really well, if that's what you mean. It seems like it will last a good long time, but it is pretty hard not top get it dented when you're walking with it or something. I would use it in a gig without a backup. It is pretty reliable. I haven't broken any strings yet, except for one that my mother accidentally broke while tuning it the first time (again, it was really hard to tune). // 10

Overall Impression: I play country and soft rock most of the time, but I do other forms also. It works really well for that. I have been playing for, like I said about a billion times, I have been playing for a year or two with that same guitar the whole time. If it were stolen or broken, I would be heart broken. I would get two new guitars. An electric AND another one of the same kind, I lovewd it so much. I enjoyed the guitar so much that I even named the guitar: Lulu. I love all of it, except the strap that came with it. It hurts my shoulder a lot while playing it. I think I'm gonna buy a new one soon. I can't pick a favorite feature about this guitar. It is all good, and I can't find one thing in the whole guitar that I absolutely hate. I might dislike something that is just too insignificant to talk about, but I don't hate any of it. // 10

Comments