D-41 Review

manufacturer: Martin date: 10/16/2006 category: Acoustic Guitars
Martin: D-41
One of Martin's most stunning instruments, the redesigned D-41 maintains the original's traditional beauty and features while still delivering that famous "Martin Sound".
 9.3
 8.6
review (1) 2 comments vote for this gear:
D-41 Reviewed by: drunk+happy, on october 16, 2006

Purchased from: krayler guitar shop

Features: As you may know Martin guitars are made right here in the US. So Quality wise they are a notch above the rest. To be honest there about 30 notches above the rest. I bought this acoustic in May or so of 2006, for about 3,000 US dollars. It has Indian Rosewood on the back and sides, and a sitka spruce top. it's got 20 frets. I have the Tabbaco burst finish on mine, it's a really interesting color combination. it also has "butterbean" tuners. It came with a Martin Hardshell case. // 10

Sound: Well I own quite a few guitars, so needlees to say my playing style is quite deversified, in other words I'm not stuck on playing one type of music. So this Martin suits me very well, to say the very least it sounds amazing. It has a very warm sounding tone, yet it can sound edgy if played correctly. I love it, it is an extreamly versitile guitar. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: When I bought this guitar, I've got to say there was absolutly nothing wrong with it (hell, better not be for what I paid). Everything worked to perfection the first time, and everytime since then for that matter. I have had absolutly no problems with it at all. // 10

Reliability & Durability: With the time and effort that goes into building a Martin guitar at this kind of price, you get what you pay for. It's not going to got to hell on you after only a couple of months. Hell not even after a couple of years. Nothing on this guitar is cheap at all. Everything is top notch by far. // 10

Overall Impression: My playing style is pretty diversified, but it fits all of my acoustic playing needs for sure. I also own an Ibanez RG electric, along side with my Sigma guitars acoustic (a lower end Martin). Something I wish I had asked before I bought this guitar would probably be the price! If it got stolen I would just beat down whom ever took it then get my guitar back. But granted I have the money I would buy a new one. // 10

More Martin reviews rating category latest review
+ OM-28E Retro 8.5 Acoustic Guitars 12/04/2013