M-16GT Review

manufacturer: Martin date: 06/06/2005 category: Acoustic Guitars
Martin: M-16GT
M size body (formerly called 0000 size) for great tonal balance, solid mahogany back & sides, solid spruce top, scalloped braces, black binding, herringbone rosette, low oval neck, black micarta bridge & fretboard (25.4" scale, 1 3/4" nut) with pearl dot inlays, chrome enclosed gears. High gloss top finish, satin body & neck, tortoise pickguard.
 8.2
 8.8
 7.5
review (1) user comments vote for this gear:
M-16GT Reviewed by: unregistered, on june 06, 2005

Purchased from: The Martin Guitar Company

Features: - Made un USA - 20 frets - Gloss top - Scratch plate - Regular shape, sits on knee perfectly - The strings are string-thru body - Lock in tuneing - Came with hard carry case. // 8

Sound: I play a lot of punk and all the acoustic songs that I play sound very nice on this. I also play some Jack Johnson, John Butler and this deals with them very nicely. It is a very loud guitar if you play it hard enough and I seem to have no trouble annoying my flatmates just playing the acoustic with no amp. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: The action was high but after playing it for a few months my fingers got stronger and could cope with it. I had a girlfriend with a similar model and she couldn't deal with it and got the action lowered but I cope with it fine. The guitar was in great shape when I got it and besides a few scratches its in perfect shape still now. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This guitar could defiantly withstand live playing. I've been intending to get a pick up put into it so I can play it live but I've had the lack of $$$ to et it done but I play every day when ever I'm at home it's in my hand and it's still fine. The finish is very nice and will defiantly last for ages I give it a rub with guitar cleaner about once ever month and its great! // 10

Overall Impression: As I said the punk music I do play on this sounds fantastic ranging from a very nice and soft sound and being able to play it quite loud but still very clear. If it got lost I might think twice about getting it but if I was more into acoustic guitar players then I defiantly would buy it. // 8

More Martin reviews rating category latest review
+ OM-28E Retro 8.5 Acoustic Guitars 12/04/2013