1619 Custom Legend Review

manufacturer: Ovation date: 04/19/2004 category: Acoustic Guitars
Ovation: 1619 Custom Legend
Deep Bowl Body. Sitka Spruce Hand Picked Top. Ebony, Ivory Binding Fretboard. 29 Genuine Abalone Fret Inlay. Carved Walnut Bridge. Piezoelectric Stereo Pickup.
 7.9
review (1) 4 comments vote for this gear:
1619 Custom Legend Reviewed by: unregistered, on april 19, 2004

Features: My dad bought this guitar in 1979. This is truly a beautiful guitar with the sunburst finish. 20 fret. The electronics are pretty old, they just stopped working last week so I am going to get new set put in their if possible. The fretboard is great, it is relativly skinny up top and everything is soo easy to hit on this queen. It is a deep bowl, plastic. This guitar produces a great sound, in my view the best sound of any guitar I have ever heard. There is no pick guard, there is only a few very minor only noticible if you are trying to find em scratches. This guitar has gained value my dad bought it in 1979 for $800 now its worth around $2000. // 10

Sound: I play mostly oldoes 60's 70's stuff, has very rich and full sound. I have no dislikes. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: From talking to my dad no flaws... perfect. // 10

Reliability & Durability: For being as old as this guitar is it still looks brand new even though played a lot. I could depend on this guitar for anything, just need new electronics. // 10

Overall Impression: I've compared it to many guitars. Most recently a really nice Alvarez and she held her keep. // 10

More Ovation reviews rating category latest review
+ CC24-4 Celebrity 8.4 Acoustic Guitars 03/21/2014