1861 Balladeer Review

manufacturer: Ovation date: 12/10/2004 category: Acoustic Guitars
Ovation: 1861 Balladeer
It has an Ovation style bridge for the ultimate sound, the active electronics (OP30 preamp) and locking tuners.
 9.1
 8.2
review (1) 2 comments vote for this gear:
1861 Balladeer Reviewed by: unregistered, on december 10, 2004

Features: It is made in USA and has 20 frets. It has an Ovation A braced top. It has a hand polished mahogany neck. It has an Ovation style bridge for the ultimate sound. The electronics are active and it has an OP30 preamp (It has an in built tuner). It has locking tuners. It has a bowl shaped back which I really like. The guitar was bought with an Ovation specially designed hard case. // 10

Sound: I play most styles and yet it suits me perfectly. I just love playing on it cause its really easy. I use it with a Carvin AG100D acoustic guitar amp and the sound comes out really nice. The sound is really rich and beautiful. When connected on to the amp I can make wide variety of music and is suitable for any style. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: There is nothing to complain about. It had no flaws and it had a perfectly bookmatched top and a perfectly routed bridge. // 10

Reliability & Durability: Well I just got it and it looks really sturdy. I have no objections in saying that it will last and withstand live playing provided it is used properly. The strap buttons are solid and strong and I will depend on it for anything and the finish is good enough to last. // 10

Overall Impression: As I said earlier I play most styles of music and it fits them and I think this is a really good match. If it were lost or stolen I would probably buy it again or buy another Ovation. I really love this guitar and its preamp. I compared it to most guitars but it held its place and it fulfills my requirenments to the fullest. // 10

More Ovation reviews rating category latest review
+ CC24-4 Celebrity 8.4 Acoustic Guitars 03/21/2014