CS247 Celebrity Deluxe Review

manufacturer: Ovation date: 09/24/2005 category: Acoustic Guitars
Ovation: CS247 Celebrity Deluxe
Carved maple top, 23 frets, gold Ovation tuners and OP30 preamp.
 9.2
 9.6
 8.8
review (1) 5 comments vote for this gear:
CS247 Celebrity Deluxe Reviewed by: bryan j, on september 24, 2005

Purchased from: Tom Lee Music

Features: Made in Korea with a carved maple top, 23 frets (teardropped fretboard, it's a mid depth lyrachord bowl with a cutaway), gold Ovation tuners and OP30 preamp (mid level preamp from Ovation but still awesome). // 10

Sound: Suits most styles of music good but sounds especially great for strumming. I use it through a Fender Stage 1000 amp and it sounds great. It has a deep mellow sound somewhat like an electric on the neck pickup when plugged in. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar was set up prettu good from the factoy, the action could be lower but it's not bad. The pickup works and sounds great. The pickups will tarnish over time but thats just because they are gold and all gold will over time. // 9

Reliability & Durability: I can't think of a way I could hurt this guitar it has a platic back which seems indestructable and super hard finish. // 10

Overall Impression: It suits my musical style well and I compared it to other ovations before buying it because I knew I wanted an Ovation. It works good with my Fender Stage 1000 amp which is not an acoustic amp. I compared it to another 2000 dollar Ovation and I like this more. I don't like how the round back slides off you but its not that bad. Overall it's great though. // 9

More Ovation reviews rating category latest review
+ CC24-4 Celebrity 8.4 Acoustic Guitars 03/21/2014