CSE225 Celebrity Deluxe Doubleneck Review

manufacturer: Ovation date: 01/12/2012 category: Acoustic Guitars
Ovation: CSE225 Celebrity Deluxe Doubleneck
The tone of this guitar is bright and full. The harmonics, which is important to me, can be heard loudly and clearly even the ones around the third fret. Overall this is a great acoustic guitar but has the same problems as every doubleneck: weight, size etc etc.
 8.8
 7.6
review (1) pictures (2) user comments vote for this gear:
CSE225 Celebrity Deluxe Doubleneck Reviewed by: AAleadguitar, on january 12, 2012

Purchased from: Jacksonville guitar center

Features: 6/12-String Acoustic/Electric. - Body Type: Custom Super Shallow Depth - Top: Figured Maple - Bracing: Modified - Quintad Fretboard: RosewoodFret - Inlay: Abalone, Elite Style - Bridge: Walnut - Rosette: Multi-Soundhole 5-Piece Epaulet - Pickup: Slimline - Nutwidth: 6-String 1 11/16" / 12-String 1 7/8"Preamp:OP-24+Case:GC9115 Hardshell Case // 8

Sound: The tone of this guitar is bright and full. The harmonics, which is important to me, can be heard loudly and clearly even the ones around the third fret. The only problem I have sound wise when I have it hooked up and I have both pick ups on. The feedback is terrible. So if you do decide to get this guitar a feedback suppressor is mandatory. For those of you who play styles similar to Andy McKee, there is something I have found that will interests you and make you crying at the same time. When you do percussion it sets the strings of whatever neck you left hand is not muting off (true of all double necks), how ever if you tune said neck to an open chord and attach a spider capo(s) for chord changes the percussion can give you nice backing chords. // 7

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar was very well set up when I bought this. I changed the strings out for Elixirs, just a pet peive of mine, but the strings in the store sounded great also. The action I'd about mid range for acoustics. It is low enough that playing higher on the neck isn't a pain but it is high enough that the notes sustain. // 7

Reliability & Durability: This guitar is very dependable the electronics have never messed up and I use it at all of my gigs without a back up. The strap buttons work well but you will probably be playing this sitting down anyway because of the weight. I have had this thing few a few months ad the finish has not come anywhere near degrading in anyway. // 8

Overall Impression: I have been playing for about 5 years. Although I mainly play thrash metal this guitar has given great sound so some of the slower songs I have written that are similar to "Fade To Black" and "Nothing Else Matters" this guitar is mainly for show and unless you plan on incorperating both necks into songs I suggest you stick with single neck guitars. Overall this is a great acoustic guitar but has the same problems as every doubleneck: weight, size etc etc. I hope this review is helpful. Any feedback to improve my review writing skills are welcome. // 8

More Ovation reviews rating category latest review
+ CC24-4 Celebrity 8.4 Acoustic Guitars 03/21/2014