CU247 Pinnacle Deluxe Review

review (1) pictures (1) 1 comment vote for this gear:
CU247 Pinnacle Deluxe Reviewed by: simpro14.5, on january 11, 2011

Price paid: C$ 400

Purchased from: Pawn Shop

Features: -Made In Korea -Rosewood Neck, 24 frets -Solid Sitka spruce top -Lyrachord body -Ruby Redburst finish -Multi Sound-hole system -Thinline pickup under the saddle -OP-30 preamp with 3 band EQ, Volume selector and tuner included -Non-locking, gold and pearl Ovation tuners // 10

Sound: This guitar suits perfectly my music styles, I play a lot of different things, from Folk to Indie and progressive, it is very versatile and can be used for many things. It definitively sounds better if plugged in an Acoustic amp, but it sounds quite nice unplugged too. The sound is very bright and not noisy at all. But if you want to play big shows, you will need an amp! // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: When I bought it, the action was very low and perfect, but I do not know if the guitar's action is like that or if it was ajusted because I bought it secondhand. I have nothing to say about the finish, it is just perfect. The only thing is that the jack input is a little loose. // 8

Reliability & Durability: I've played live with this guitar, it will withstand many hits, and the lyrachord back is indestructible. The hardware looks solid and the strap buttons too, even tough I don't really use them since I mostly play sitting down. I use it without backup, and I will continue to do so. // 10

Overall Impression: This is my first Acoustic guitar and it is a perfect match for me, I've been playing for almost a year and a half and this guitar is great. If it was stolen, I would really try to find one again (they are discontinued). I tried other electric-acoustics and the sound of this guitar is amazing for the price. I am telling you, you are not paying only for the looks, the sound is great too! // 10

More Ovation reviews rating category latest review
+ CC24-4 Celebrity 8.4 Acoustic Guitars 03/21/2014