Pacemaker 12 String 1615 Review

manufacturer: Ovation date: 03/12/2004 category: Acoustic Guitars
Ovation: Pacemaker 12 String 1615
Deep Bowl Body. Sitka Spruce Top. Ebony Fretboard. Reinforced Walnut Bridge.
 8.1
 8.8
 7.4
review (1) user comments vote for this gear:
Pacemaker 12 String 1615 Reviewed by: Taterdamillion, on march 12, 2004

Features: This is an older guitar, and is really my mom's, although I play it a lot. It's at least ten years old if not older. It's got 18 frets, and it's electrified with a volume control> It's got no pickups. I want to say it's an Alder neck, but I'm not positive. Good action, pretty darn thin neck. // 8

Sound: When I'm playing something acoustic, I always use this thing, dispite it being a twelve string, which kind of chunks things up and makes arppegios and picking hard. I don't have a six string acoustic, so this thing makes do. Good for just struming regular chords, but it makes barres kind of chunky sounding. Not great for body tapping, but it gets GREAT sound when playing unplugged. Very full sound. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: Like I said before, it's got good action. Very, very well made, with no flaws at all right away. It has warped a little over the time we've had it, which is pretty early, when it hasn't been in bad/damp surroundings. // 8

Reliability & Durability: It does well live, and it seems to be holding up pretty well aside from the miniscule warping. It hasn't worn at all, the finish. Strap buttons stronger than most guitars I've seen. // 10

Overall Impression: It does great. Great guitar. End of story. // 10

More Ovation reviews rating category latest review
+ CC24-4 Celebrity 8.4 Acoustic Guitars 03/21/2014