RD-12-CEBK Review

review (1) pictures (1) 1 comment vote for this gear:
RD-12-CEBK Reviewed by: HiyuKantaro, on march 09, 2009

Price paid: € 150

Purchased from: Local Guitarshop

Features: The Richwood RD-12-CEBK is a semi-acoustic guitar which is great for beginners and people who want to preform in small bars or venues. It's made of plywood and has a mahony fretboard. The guitar is amplified by a standart semi-acoustic system and you have a active EQ system with which you can control the volume and the tone. The tuners are die cast tuners. This guitar has 20 frets and the 20th fret is also very easy to reach. // 7

Sound: The guitar sounds really nice for it's rather low price, with really I mean really really nice. It has a very rich and bright sound. And when you play it thorugh a amplifier it still has it's own sound without any noise. I use it for playing country, ballads, singasongwriter like music, and for pleying rock covers acoutsic. This guitar can almost play every style of music which sounds good acoustic. You can also play solos very well with this guitar, and high guitar parts really come to life when you play thorugh a amplifier with the EQ settings turned to high. This is a really nice feature of this guitar, you can either use it as a rythm or lead guitar (or both at the same time). // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: The finish of this guitar was and is still perfect. It just looks amazing. I didn't have any problems with this guitar and there only was one little thing I dislike about the finish. The connection between the fretboard and the nut is not really smooth and looks a bit messy, but that's not a big problem of course. I liked the strings that were on it when I bought it. I mostly change strings directly when I buy guitars, but this time I just left them. // 8

Reliability & Durability: This guitar can definitaly be used Live and the whole guitar is really solid. You can really depend on this guitar without having a back-up. I think that the finish is also good enough to last for a long time. As long as you don't smash it after a gig like Kut Cobain it won't break. // 8

Overall Impression: It is really great for the style of music I play which is mentioned above. I would really advice anybody Who wants a good but still cheap guitar to check out this guitar or another Richwood guitar because their really great. If this guitar was stolen I would definitaly replace it with a new one, but maybe another, anyway I think for the coming period of 15 years I will be staying with Richwood. // 9

More Richwood reviews rating category latest review
+ RE125 CS 6.2 Electric Guitars 02/02/2012