Bicuit Cone Resonator Review

manufacturer: Rogue date: 04/28/2009 category: Acoustic Guitars
Rogue: Bicuit Cone Resonator
With its slotted headstock and natural finish, this all-mahogany resonator guitar has a classic look and feel. The hard maple biscuit bridge and hand-spun spiral cone make it really sing. A larger body style, mother-of-pearl dot inlays, and a nickel-plated cone cover make it distinctive.
review (1) pictures (2) 5 comments vote for this gear:
Bicuit Cone Resonator Reviewed by: lovenotwar1234, on april 28, 2009

Features: I assume this guitar was made in China or some other very far away place. It has 21 frets. The body and neck are solid mahogany, with nice antique white binding. The f-holes and slotted headstock make it look really classy. The gloss finish is durable and looks wonderful. Nice big resonator cone with a rosewood biscuit, and the bridge piece appears to be Ash. The tuning machinery is solid. The front plate is nice polished chrome. No electronics or accessories included. // 10

Sound: This guitar is loud as one would expect from a resophonic. But it's not just the cone. Every inch of the mahogany sings, too. This guitar has serious tone and resonance. This is a 12 fret guitar (the neck is joined to the body at the 12th fret). 12 fret guitars have excellent balance from low to high, and this one is no exception. Very loud on all strings. I've never owned, but played a few National guitars, and this guitar sounds just about the same to me. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The action is high for a reason. This guitar is for slide players. However, with the wide nut I find the action to be very manageable at least as high as the ninth fret when I want to play fingerstyle. The guitar is set up perfectly out of the box. I never took it to anyone for anything // 10

Reliability & Durability: This guitar can take whatever you dish out. I have owned it for five years now and it has never seen the inside of a case. It sit's on the floor, it lays in my bed, it goes where I go most of the time. There are a few marks in the finish and a wee bit of chrome missing from the front plate. I have had no problems with this instrument at all. // 10

Overall Impression: I don't know if you can buy this guitar new anymore, but if you come across one, buy it! I cut my teeth playing Alice in Chains and Pantera and never thought for a minute back then that this would be the guitar I'd fall in love with. Is there such a thing as Folk Metal? That would be my style. I've been playing guitar for almost 20 years. If my RG or my Warlock disappeared I would move on and get over it. If my Rogue went missing, I'd chug a gallon of bleach. Seriously, it's that good. // 10

More Rogue reviews rating category latest review
+ Analog Chorus 7.3 Guitar Effects 02/03/2014