RM-100F F-Style Mandolin Review

8.6
 8.1
review (1) 13 comments vote for this gear:
RM-100F F-Style Mandolin Reviewed by: Kurt1964, on december 19, 2008

Features: I know that a mandolin is not a guitar, true. But this Rogue RM 100F F-Style mandolin is definately worth writing about. The one that I own was made in China, in 2007. It has 29 frets on an extended ebony fingerboard. With a beautifully constructed solid spruce top complete with elongated "F" holes. The sides and back,are made up of maple. The gradation of the sunburst finish is sensational. It boasts of non-locking nickle tuners, "mother of pearl" inlay on the headstock, and a "floating" bridge. Acompaning this mandolin was a well crafted Rouge Durafaom case, strap, songbook and owners manual. // 10

Sound: The style of music I play is everything from bluegrass to country, Rem to Led Zeppelin, and all styles in between. Sound...Loud, clean and crisp. So if you enjoy playing an insturmernt with an "ultra-brite" sound to it, well then, this the RM 100F is well suited for the job. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: Other than the mandolin being strung, there was absolutely NO factory "set-up" at all. I tried to set it up myself, but failed miserably. So I had to take it to a violin shoppe, they charged me $35.00, but the guy did a reel good job. It plays GREAT! As for flaws...none that I've noticed. // 5

Reliability & Durability: Durability...The overall quality of the hardware and the finish is superb, with proper care, I can see this mandolin lasting for a long time to come. Reliability...The RM 100F is truely a dependable instrument, I have no reason to bring a backup with me when I go out to jam. Oh yeah, the strap button is solid, very solid. // 10

Overall Impression: The style of music I play, like most people, is forever changing.And the RM 100F seems to keep up with me quite well. I've been playing mandolin for almost two years now, and I love it. If my Rogue were to become lost or stolen, I would replace with the exact sane one immediately. To compare it to the "E" style mandolins, the both play the same, but in my opinion, the "F" style has much more cooler lines. Rock-on! // 10

More Rogue reviews rating category latest review
+ Analog Chorus 7.3 Guitar Effects 02/03/2014