D-1 Review

manufacturer: Samick date: 08/12/2011 category: Acoustic Guitars
Samick: D-1
The Gold Rush series acoustics use professional body and headstock shapes, rather than compromised catalog shapes that are scaled back to save a few pennies.
 Reliability & Durability: 8.3
 Action, Fit & Finish: 9.3
 Features: 9.7
 7.9
 9.3
 6.4
reviews (3) pictures (4) 4 comments vote for this gear:
D-1 Reviewed by: pnf44, on may 16, 2005

Features: It's a beautiful starter guitar. I've been working with it for about 6 weeks and it feels better everytime I pick it up. The price was right and the color is great. // 10

Sound: It's a true a sound as I've seen, being a beginner. It plays well and sounds good to my ear. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: Finish on this product is excellent. There were many color choices but I got the burnt orange and it's sharp. I thought at first the feel was stiff, but after getting the break in period started both my fingers and the guitar have matured together. // 10

Reliability & Durability: After 6 weeks, I could not be anymore pleased. // 8

Overall Impression: For the acoustic music I've been able to play, I find it to be an excellent insturment for the price. // 10

D-1 Reviewed by: Beminem, on january 22, 2010

Purchased from: Danville Music, Ca

Features: This guitar was made in Indonesia. It has roughly 20 frets, and has a hardtop body. It has mahogony sides and back. The fretboard is normal, made up of mahogony. Great gloss to it, steel strings that make warm tones. Normal bridge, nut, and tuning knobs. No flaws whatsoever. The store I bought it from gave me a free gig bag with it, since Samick sends out the bags with the guitars. A lighter wood for the body, and overall a very sturdy guitar. // 9

Sound: I usually play Christian worship songs or slow songs, which is great because the guitar can give both soft tones and louder ones. I personally think it sounds warmer when you play with your thumb, but picks sound good too. The hardwood definetly produces great sounds. I love the sounds it produces and it fits my style perfectly. I would recommend this guitar to any guitar player that likes to play softer, slower songs like the blues or worship songs. A great contrast to any guitar. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The people that crafted and manufactured this were very competent and thorough, as I did not find any flaws in the body or any other part of the guitar. The finish on it is glossy, so it looks just as good as it sounds. There was one minor problem that did arise, but I fixed it quickly: the tuning peg on the third string was too loose. I had to turn it a lot in order to make a change in the sound. By this I mean that I would turn it and it wouldn't change the pitch until I twisted for awhile. // 8

Reliability & Durability: I can bring this guitar anywhere without a backup. Durable, yet easily dentable is the wood on the body. The strap buttons haven't failed me yet, and haven't let the strap come loose since I got it. It hasn't worn out in its sound or performance since the day I bought it. The finish on the body will probably wear off eventually, but I can guarentee you it will still be playing just fine in three years. // 7

Overall Impression: This is a wonderful guitar that hasn't ceased to impress me. I would take it anywhere, as it is durable and lightweight. I am not looking back to the day I bought it with uncertainty at all; I don't regret purchasing this guitar at all. It completely fits my style of play and emitts great, warm tones. This guitar would be a great addition to any collection, and would even be a candidate for your primary acoustic guitar. Wonderful guitar, great purchase. Go buy one for yourself if this style fits YOU. // 9

D-1 Reviewed by: logan97, on august 12, 2011

Features: -Made in Indonesia. -twenty frets, thin neck. -laminated top. -I don't know whta kind of wood. -transparent finish. -dont know what body type. -string thru body (I think). -non-locking, I don't know what type of tuners. -sucky strap (need to buy a new one). // 10

Sound: It suits my music style perfectly, I like do play alot of rock songs on it, also alot of green day, (21 guns, wake me up when september ends, good riddance (time of your life) etc.) and I also play some electric songs on it and they sound good. I think it has a perfect sound! // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: I don't know how it was set-up at the factory because it was a gift, I think it was pre-owned, but when I got it it was set up perfect. The strings were on correctly and everything, so I'm sure it was fine. When I got it there was a few minor flaws in the finish but I think it was from the previous owner, not factory. No loose tuners or anything though. // 10

Reliability & Durability: Yes I believe this guitar would withstand live playing, I played a couple songs outdoors and stuff and it doesnt't go out of tune very much at all like other guitars. Yes the hardware does seem like it will last, the strap buttons are very solid. I would depend on this guitar, maybe not without a back uo just in case but I believe it is reliable. The finish is very good. // 10

Overall Impression: I love this guitar, its my first guitar and its fantastic I recommend it to all. I play all sorts of genres and it works well in each. I've been playing for a year and own an Epiphone special two guitar. IF it was stolen I would buy the same exact one, no questions asked. I wish it had a better strap and that's it. // 10

More Samick reviews rating category latest review
+ Avion AV3 8.5 Electric Guitars 05/02/2013