OM-7 Beaumont Review

manufacturer: Samick date: 09/29/2006 category: Acoustic Guitars
Samick: OM-7 Beaumont
This guitar is a tribute to the tradition of American guitar building. If there was an icon for the acoustic guitar, it would be the rosewood sides and back, solid top dreadnaught.
 8.8
 8.6
review (1) 3 comments vote for this gear:
OM-7 Beaumont Reviewed by: Tsolum_Head, on september 29, 2006

Purchased from: Grumpy Guitar Place

Features: My OM-7 is a 2005 dreadnought orchestra model made in Indonesia with a solid Cedar top, Indian rosewood sides and "three" piece Indian rosewood back, ebony bridge and finger board, mahogany neck. The tuners are nickel grover series, and eight ply white binding around the body and neck with beautiful abalone inlay around the sound hole. // 9

Sound: I play everything from bluegrass to Floyd and really enjoy the warmth that comes from this guitar. I was specifically looking for a cedar/Indian rosewood combination when I went shoppingfor a budget guitar. I lucked out because the Cedar had wide grains, which gives extra rich tone and man this guitar delivers. The sustain is nothing short of amazing. I can bend it like my Les Paul and get plenty of sustained richness for way longer than my buddies Hummingbird. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The action is incredibly easy on the sausages. The points that take away from an exceptional budget guitar is the obviously spliced head stock/neck. The three piece back is actually made up out of 7 pieces, probably scrap pieces. The frets are solid, but the edges seem to be hardly filed. // 7

Reliability & Durability: reliability & durability dept. The finish is beautiful. In the long term the only thing I would worry about is when it has to be refretted. The white binding will be a nast ho, but by that point I may well own a different accoustic. Perfectly at home in front of a crowd. // 9

Overall Impression: I might tear up if I lost this accoustic, because it suits my eclectic style very well. Whether I'm playing blues (the guitar begs to play blues), or bluegrass or plain old rock, this guitar plays it all with unrivaled tone and sustain in its own price range and even guitars 4x the price. // 10

More Samick reviews rating category latest review
+ JTR Linda LN30 9 Electric Guitars 08/28/2014