DR-41 Review

8.9
 9.8
review (1) pictures (2) 1 comment vote for this gear:
DR-41 Reviewed by: ajjohnson1214, on march 27, 2014

Features: You can find more features on the official website. Sigmas are basically oversea Martin guitars. Some say that these guitars were made with laminated woods but I'm pretty sure this guitar is solid wood. This is an absolutely beautiful guitar. The link gives some more of the specific specifications. The front of my headstock has a more of the classic brown martin color compared to the link guitar having a rosewood-looking front of the headstock. Other than that, the link shows my exact guitar. Spruce Top, Indian Rosewood sides, Grover tuners. Stellar pearl inlays and binding. // 10

Sound: One of the most wonderful sounding guitars I've played. It is a Martin through and through. It is a very warm and rich sounding guitar. I play all kinds of stuff on it. Works well for basically everything. Classical to metal (as well as an acoustic can). It's loud and fills a room easily. I still wish it had a pickup in it when I bought it. I didn't want to cut into the beautiful rosewood sides so I just put a passive pickup in it. I eventually purchase an acoustic pre-amp pedal but people still complimented me on the sound even without pre-amp. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: I really can't review it in all good health for this because my was set up by Denny Zager (he wrote the song "In the Year 2525"). Denny Zager apparently sets up guitars? I have a signature on the back and a bunch of paperwork and another signature on a picture for proof. The setup is perfect. Very low action. I guess the Spruce top is not quite bookmatched but I think it just adds to the beauty of the guitar. No noticeable flaws in the finish or wood. Not much else really to say. It's going to be different from guitar to guitar. // 10

Reliability & Durability: Everything seems solid. I play on it pretty hard. I could definately depend on this guitar without a backup. I never broken a string on this guitar over all the years I've had it but that might just be me. It holds its tuning forever. I never really NEED to tune it. I only tune it when I'm looking for perfect tuning. I installed a strap button on the neck but that's my preference. It's held up perfectly. Since its solid wood, its should make a good vintage after some years of owning it and I have no doubt it'll last. // 10

Overall Impression: I play a little bit of everything and this is my go-to guitar for that. If I could only have one of my many guitars, I would choose this one. Its a stunning guitar to have on stage. The beautiful pearl makes it stand out from the rest. I love the price. This is definitely Martin quality. It is basically a oversea version of the Martin D-41. It is an absolute steal for this guitar. If your on a budget but want a QUALITY acoustic guitar, seek out one of these. It is a stunningly beautiful guitar. // 10

More Sigma reviews rating category latest review
+ 000M-15 8.7 Acoustic Guitars 10/02/2013