SD20CE Review

manufacturer: Silvertone date: 02/06/2006 category: Acoustic Guitars
Silvertone: SD20CE
When the Silvertone Design team finished the SD20CE, they realized that they had built one of the best sounding, best playing acoustics for anywhere near the price.
 9.7
 9.6
 9.8
review (1) 4 comments vote for this gear:
SD20CE Reviewed by: ekune26, on february 06, 2006

Purchased from: sigo mall

Features: It was made in Indonesia after US standarts. It has 20 frets, thin neck, very smooth. The back of the body is made of mahogany and the top of spruce. The neck is made of mahogany and the fret is made of rosewood. Finish is transparent. Cutaway dreadnought body. It has passive electronics, one volume and one tone control. // 9

Sound: It has a rich sound. When I plugged it in I was mezmirezed. It sound beter than my electric guitar. Even my mom said that. I play a lot of rock music but pop-rock goes as well, so it suits me fine when I want to sing/proctice whit an acoustic sound. With the tone button fully open the sound of the guitar is bright. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The action is good, much better than my Romanian acoustic guitar. No flaws, it was perfect. // 9

Reliability & Durability: I never had the chance of playing it live but when I came home the guitar got stuck in the plains bagage compartiment the mecanics came along and tried to get it out. But they couldn't so a smart alec came along whit a crowbar! And they put the crowbar on the guitars body, the body scratch, my ears hurt how I heard tha butyfull mahogany body screach. But they could'nt get it out. So I got it a week ago by mail and for my suprise the guitar was intact. It only had a scrtch on the body near the binding. But it's really small so if it whitstood a crowbar. I think it's dependable. // 10

Overall Impression: I've been playing for 3 years now. This is my firts electric-acoustic guitar and I'm pleased of it. This guitar is perfect for al stiles of playing. It's beautyful and dependable. I only wish it came in whit a case. // 10

More Silvertone reviews rating category latest review
+ 1484 Twin Twelve 8.7 Guitar Amplifiers 04/18/2014