C530 Review

manufacturer: Stagg date: 01/17/2008 category: Acoustic Guitars
Stagg: C530
The Stagg 530 is a three quarter size classical guitar. Ideal for kids just starting out or players who wish something to travel with.
 7.5
 8.4
 6.5
review (1) user comments vote for this gear:
C530 Reviewed by: Aramis, on january 17, 2008

Purchased from: Friend

Features: I bought this 3/4 scale guitar from my friend for 20 ($39.28), but it normally retails on internet guitar shops for 35 ($68.73). It has 18 frets, of which 12 are easily accesible. There is no cutaway, as is common in classical guitars. It has a nato body, nickel machineheads, a solid maple bridge, and a glossy orange yellow finish. It has a very narrow neck compared to full size classical guitars. Overall, it's a very good guitar for beginners. // 9

Sound: I want an acoustic guitar for playing blues, flamenco, and classical playing, of which this guitar suits well. It produces a clear bright tone, which is at the same time soft enough to be perfect to play my styles. If you make a mistake, it is very clear and obvious, which in my opinion is good as it allows you to see where you are going wrong, making learning easier. I don't have any criticisms of the sound, it plays all styles well, but I find it better for playing melody's rather than chords.. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar has a very low action and very low string tension, making it very easy to play and is well suited to me, but may not be very good if you prefer higher actions and string tensions. The guitar is hand-crafted, and very well set up. It stays in tune very well, I hardly ever have to tune it. Other than being a little bashed up through use, I can't find any flaws. // 9

Reliability & Durability: This guitar has been around for a while, and is still in great condition apart from some small dents, so I would be happy to play live with it as long as I was sat down, It has no strap buttons. Overall though, it is very durable, will stand up to live playing. It's just a shame about it having no strap buttons. // 7

Overall Impression: Overall, I am in love with this guitar. It is a good match for my styles, it plays well, it's stood the test of time, and is a very good guitar for a very cheap price. I would definitely buy another C530 if mine was to be lost or stolen. Overall, a fabulous guitar. // 9

More Stagg reviews rating category latest review
+ SEL-ZEB 7.6 Electric Guitars 04/14/2014