SW203 Review

manufacturer: Stagg date: 12/10/2008 category: Acoustic Guitars
Stagg: SW203
It was made in 2008 in Belgium. It a dreadnaught, it has 20 frets, the neck is quite flat I'd say, the frets are small. It has a solid baswood top. The finish of my guitar is a reddish sunburst, but these are also available in black, blue etc...
 8.7
 8.3
review (1) 7 comments vote for this gear:
SW203 Reviewed by: unregistered, on december 10, 2008

Price paid: € 130

Purchased from: Local shop

Features: This is my 2nd acoustic guitar and the 3rd overall. (bought it becouse I had some spare money and no musical instrument here with me) It was made in 2008 (it still smells like Brand New) in Belgium. It a dreadnaught, it has 20 frets, the neck is quite flat I'd say, the frets are small. It has a solid baswood top. The finish of my guitar is a reddish sunburst, but these are also available in black, blue etc... // 8

Sound: It has a very warm, bassy sound with strong mids, propobly becouse of the basswood top. There's a low-to-medium amount of sustain in it, but it's ok. There is no fret buzz at all. I play all kinds of music, from Folk to metal and this guitar suits them all. Actually it has an amazing sound for a guitar that cheap. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: When I bought it and took it back home I was surprised - It was totally superbly built. No scratches, everything is tight and right in it's places. The neck is flat and quite narrow. (I like that becouse I have small hands, and that's the reason why I own an Ibanez too) // 10

Reliability & Durability: The guitar looks really solid and it looks like it can withstand a lot of years of playing (I'm not boasting.. it really is an amazing piece of work) The finnish looks great and not likely to wear out soon, it already encountered some accidental bumps and scratches, but they didn't leave a mark or a memory. // 10

Overall Impression: I'm playing for about 6 years now. I also own a Ibanez GRX70 and a another acoustic of a maker I can't remember. When I walked into the shop, the guitar just stood out from the other acoustics just like the one and only love... It has a beutiful black headstock, a red sunburst top that is just hypnotizing to look at. The only thing I don't like about it is the sound, it could be the cheap strings. I would like the sound to be a bit brighter. If it was stolen.. I'd cry for a week and then buy a machine-gun to hunt down that mf.. // 9

More Stagg reviews rating category latest review
+ S301 5.6 Electric Guitars 10/06/2014