EAN15CX Review

8.4
review (1) user comments vote for this gear:
EAN15CX Reviewed by: unregistered, on january 04, 2011

Purchased from: guitar center

Features: Made in 2005, USA Model, Body Shape: Dreadnought C/A Rosette: Abalone Top: Solid Cedar Inlays: None Back: Solid Rosewood Sides: Rosewood Fingerboard: Rosewood Electronics: CT-4B Tuners: Gold with Amber Pearl Features: Scalloped bracing // 8

Sound: It has a Rich and Woody tone. I love the base but wish it were a bit easier on the fingers. The CT-4B is a bit touchy around AMPs but I think I have a pretty good guitar here. My Second favorite of 6 Acoustic electrics. I love the warm sounds the wood gives off. It need an amp to sound good, but when you plug it in, I put it over most taylors and certainly better than any Martin I have played for 3-4 times the cost. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: Needs work. It is still stock from teh factory. Stiff, hard on teh fingers, tight feel though and very exact sound with each fret. This guitar has a decent action, tough on teh fingers but when you build strength in the fingers, it will surprise you. I have played guitars that cost much more and gotten less sound. // 8

Reliability & Durability: I hvae used it live many times, and it held up fine. I like the sound when used with my Hughes And Kettner Attax 100, I must say it has a very clean and folksy sound, but plays well with straight rock songs. This guiotar has been one of my mainstay guitars for gigs for the last 5 years. I tell you that it is beautifully styled and will hold up in cold or hot weather. The wood holds tight and has a solid resonance- when Amp'd. Just straight it lacks a bit of life, but plug it in and it sounds great. // 8

Overall Impression: I'm a 60's 70's rock for the most part and this guitar gets me where I need to go. Haven't broken any strings and I bend the hell out of them. It keeps in tune, and plays very well. Like I said - if it were easier on the fingers, I would make it a 10. It sounds much better than any Taylor or Washburn I have plyed. The guy at Guitar center was very impressed with it and said that of the tons of acoustics he has played, this one was at the top. I agree, next to my Seagull, it is one of the sweetest guitars I hve played on an amp. // 9

More Takamine reviews rating category latest review
+ D20 9.5 Acoustic Guitars 12/23/2013