EF341SC Review

8.9
reviews (2) pictures (1) 14 comments vote for this gear:
EF341SC Reviewed by: diggy485, on february 17, 2010

Purchased from: west music

Features: 6 String Acoustic / Electric Body Shape: Dreadnought C/A Rosette: Concentric Rings Top: Solid Cedar Inlays: Snowflake Back: Maple Sides: Maple Fingerboard: Rosewood Electronics: CT4B Tuners: Chrome Features: Bound fretboard Includes: Hard shell case Nut & Bridge Bone // 10

Sound: This guitar has a resonance that you just have to hear to believe! I have heard guitars which cost thousands more, and if I had the money to spend for a more expensive guitar I would still buy the Takamine. It works equally well with finger picking or playing cords. This is definitely one of the best sounding acoustic/electric guitar in today's market. I have played many different guitars, and not one can compare or even come anywhere close to the EF341SC. The price, A Steal! The sound, Amazing. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The action is amazing right off the floor. It plays clean on every string and every fret. Bare chords are a breeze. The intonation is dead on. The rich black color of this guitar along with the contrasting trim is eye candy of the sweetest kind. A really beautiful instrument. This model is hand built, and top quality. // 10

Reliability & Durability: Reliability and durability..I have had my Takamine for about 2yers. I haven't had one problem with mine yet, and I take it every where. It has gone camping, garage jams, ECT.. The hardware is solid and the finish is tough. This would make a great gig, and studio guitar.. // 10

Overall Impression: My over all inpression is OUTSTANDING.. I play many different types of music, and it is every thing I could ever ask for in an acoustic/electric. It stays in tune really well. If it were ever lost/stolen I would defiantly replace it. Out of all 8 of my guitars, this one is played the most. Reliable and durable. // 10

EF341SC Reviewed by: 95thFallout, on august 18, 2011

Price paid: C$ 1099

Purchased from: Long and McQuades

Features: My Tak is a 2010 model made in Japan. It features 20 frets of which about 18 are easily reachable (standard Acoustic is 14) without bending your wrist because of the cutaway. It features a rosewood finger board with snow flake inlays and a thin neck (for an acoustic). The guitars back top and neck are solid while the side is laminated. The finish is an amazing high gloss black color that really comes out well with stage lights. It also has an electronic pickup system that features a 3 band eg, tuner, and volume. When purchased it came with a Case and that's about it. I give this a solid 9 because of the laminated sides (not the I find it really makes a huge diffrence). // 9

Sound: Alright so my man style is 70 and 80 with some songs including "Simple Man", "Stairway To Heaven", "Wish You Were Here" etc just to name a few bigger ones. I run this through a Boss me 20 with some compression little flanger and some reverb or delay (depending how I'm feeling) and the sound is absolutely unbelievable. Now don't get me wrong it took me a while to get this dialed in right between the onboard eq and the one in the pedal and I found I the best way to do it was a slight bass increase moderately high mid increase and moderately low treble decrease and the sound is amazing. It is so full and rich and when you strum a chord the clarity is crazy to the point you can almost hear every note. The eq in the guitar is really responsive and is good for live performances. Unplugged the Cedar top really shines through giving this guitar a nice bright ring to it that really helps it Shine (kind of ironic unplugged its great and plugged in its a little to much). I really look forward to running this guitar through a really Acoustic amp rather than my pedal hopefull very very soon. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: So this is a harder section to comment on as I didn't get the guitar pulled out from the box but rather it was a store model so they may have changed it or restrung it etc. But this is how I found the guitar when I played it originally. Action was dead on along with the fret harmonices everything seem perfect. There wasn't a flaw in the finish and the biggest thing believe it or not was nice strings. Out of all guitar I've ever bought this one was the first one with good strings (to be honest I don't know what they are) but they were good. // 10

Reliability & Durability: Now I've owned this guitar for about 6 months now and it has some scratches on the back and around the pickguard (as well as scratches on the pickguard) but this is normal wear and tear. The only thing I don't like it how the pickguard seems to show all the scratches quite vivdly but that is an easy fix you just got buy a new pickguard. Other than that it is extremely solid and holding up great. // 9

Overall Impression: Alright so heres a generic one for you "If it were stolen I would definetely but this guitar again it is as sexy as Acoustic guitars come a great value and has a full rich clear sound". The am very happy with it. The only thing I don't really like is that it doesn't keep clean well I always gotta wipe it for smudges on the body and the neck but that may be my OCD cause its such a beautiful guitar. // 9

More Takamine reviews rating category latest review
+ D20 9.5 Acoustic Guitars 12/23/2013