EG320SC Review

9.1
 8.4
reviews (2) pictures (1) 1 comment vote for this gear:
EG320SC Reviewed by: tatesville, on april 17, 2006

Features: This is a spruce top electro-acoustic with a cut-away at the bottom. It was made in China, has six strings, standard tuners, Takamine's own pre-amp and EQ. // 9

Sound: I was the worlds worst guitaris until I bought this guitar! I had a Tanglewood 100.00 guitar which was good value for money, but the action was never really low enough to be comfortable. Thsi thing looks and sounds amazing. I play the usual stuf (David Gray, Eagles, James Blunt and anything no too taxing) and it suits just fine. It has a really refined tone, crystal clear to be honest. It cuts the mustard just like a purpose-built mustard cutter! // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: I tried two of the same guitar in the shop. The one I got was the best set up (in my opinion) but they were both spot-on! I can honestly say the action on this thing is better than most electrics! It's absolutely perfect in every way. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This is the type of guitar that's gonna last a lifetime. It's built to last, but also to perform. Not sure if I will ever perform to any crowds, maybe just friends and family, but either way this is a great guitar! // 10

Overall Impression: This guitar will suita all type of music I guess. A good all-rounder! I've been playing on and off for 20 years with a five year break in the middle, so I know what's good and what's bad when it comes to guitars. The only thing I could possibly wanted on this guitar is a strap button at the base of the neck instead of having to attach it to the nut end, but that's just my personal preference. // 9

EG320SC Reviewed by: Trifonas, on october 04, 2011

Price paid: € 145

Purchased from: Thomann.de

Features: My guitar was made in China in 2004. It's an semi-acoustic-electric steel guitar with 21 frets and spruce top. Also the fretboard is Rosewood. It's a dreadnought form and its back and sides are mahogany. It has a natural high gloss finish. It has also a pickup with TP4 preampsystem. // 8

Sound: I usually put it through a Fender FM25DSP and I play mostly Jazz Rock and Rock (mainly Radiohead) and it is great to me. I use it almost only for chords and arpeggios and it gives me a very clear and full sound. Also in concerts I just out it through the console and it sounds perfect. Sometimes I want to play something harder and I need distortion. For an acoustic guitar it sounds great but a bit noisy. This guitar is mainly for acoustic songs, but you can use it like an electric. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: When I bought it I didn't have to repair or fix anything. I just had to buy a case and a strap, because I didn't have. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I have played severall times since I bought it in 2010 and every time it was great. Every time I was without a back up, however I wouldn't suggest that, it's risky. The strap buttons are very solid and the finish doesn't seem thin and easy to wear off. I think that I will play with this guitar until 2015 and I depend on it. // 9

Overall Impression: For the songs I want to play it's amazing. I'm playing guitar since 2006 and that's the best guitar I have ever had. I also have a terrible electric Behringer iAXE 393 just for practicing at home, bought in 2008 and an old classic Segovia relic bought in 1992. Also I have a Fender FM25DSP amplifier. The thing I like most on my guitar is its sound and its look! The thing that I don't like is its color. I really like it but if I lost it I would buy a better Takamine, because I'm used to this label. // 9

More Takamine reviews rating category latest review
+ D20 9.5 Acoustic Guitars 12/23/2013