EG341SC Review

manufacturer: Takamine date: 10/24/2012 category: Acoustic Guitars
Takamine: EG341SC
Dreadnought cutaway with solid spruce top, mahogany back and sides, rosewood fretboard, and TP4T preamp.
 Action, Fit & Finish: 8.5
 Features: 9.5
 9.1
 9.2
reviews (2) pictures (1) 20 comments vote for this gear:
EG341SC Reviewed by: acdc_rocks_1992, on july 13, 2007

Purchased from: Sobers Music

Features: This is an electric acoustic guitar by Takamine. It is a G series with a 20 fret rosewood fingerboard and Abalaone Snowflakes inlays. It has a solid top the front is made of spruce the sides and back are made of Mahogany. The tuners are gold Takamine it has a cut away body for easy neck access. It has a little graphic equalizer which you can chose your bass middle and treble there is also a gain knob and low battery light. One of the features that I found really amazing is that it has a built in tuner on the side that picks up every not if you want to tune your E to a C the tuner can do that to it has every note in it's data base. It is really easy to use all you do is press the tuner button and pluck away the rest is done. The tuner shuts off on it's own to save the battery when you're done or you can hold in on the button to turn it off. One feature I do not like and all electric acoustics are like this, if you leave it plugged in it kills your battery I think that the companies should find another way. // 10

Sound: With out an amp this guitar is perfect for me I play lighter music and this guitar will give me a nice warm tone. Right now I have Martin strings on it I highly recommend them this guitar can play any kind of music I could probably play classical on it if I knew how. When you plug it into and amp it is still and awesome guitar. when you have it plugged in keep then gain down and turn it up on the amp other wise you'll get feed back and keep the treble and middle down and blast the bass and you can get a really good sound out of it. I have used every thing from stack amps to little 15 watt amps and they all sound great with this guitar and if you want to take it up a notch you can plug it into a distortion pedal and it still sounds great not like the really cheap one that feed back in pedals. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The action on the guitar is perfect. It is very easy to play I can play thunder struck by acdc and my fingers wont hurt because the action is so good. This guitar only had one flaw, this was not a factory flaw there that a chip of paint missing and that was from people being to careless at the guitar shop I got it at. Everything else was fine the battery that came with it even lasted a very long time over 48 hours. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This guitar is probably my most reliable. It is a very strong guitar everything seems to be good for another 40 years even the strap buttons are good it only came with one so I had another put in and them very solid I struggle to get the strap off 90% of the time so I just leave it on. I could bring this guitar to a gig with out any back up. There are only two things that could stop this guitar if a string broke or someone smashes it. // 10

Overall Impression: When I play acoustically I usually play stuff like Garth Brooks Bryan Adams and The Beatles. I have only been playing for 5 years but this is one on the best guitars I have played in a long time the only on I played better then it was worth 2000 dollars so I am happy with this guitar. If something were to happened to it I would have to get another one I couldn't buy different one it wouldn't be the same the only thing I wish it had would be something bad to say about because it's just awesome. // 10

EG341SC Reviewed by: wvccsanta, on october 24, 2012

Purchased from: Local Dealer

Features: I had been toying with buying an acoustic for a while, so I did my research and found this gem, it is the first acoustic guitar I've owned, but I've played several over my lifetime and I can tell you that this is one of the best if not THE best I've ever held in my hands. I fell in love with it right out of the box and didn't put it down for hours - it's that great. It's hard to believe I could have gotten a better guitar at this price. Electronics seem top notch and the on board tuner is fantastic. Input jack seems like it will hold up over time. But the feel of the guitar itself is solid and it stays in tune no matter how much I beat on it. And the tone... Wow. I feel like I've been undercharged and that I should send Musician's Friend some money. // 9

Sound: I'm giving this a 9 only because there is a bit of fret buzz at times, but to be fair I haven't even changed the strings yet or made any adjustments to the neck. A beautiful black dreadnought that's easy to play and has a full, rich tone that keeps me coming back for more. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: Full-bodied, shimmering goodness. Great finish and binding, just perfect. The pickups work great. I haven't had any trouble. I plug it in quite often and it works great every time. The finish was good. No sharp edges on the frets, no gloss damage or uneven finish, no loose tuning pegs and its stays in tune wonderfully! // 7

Reliability & Durability: You know that feeling you get when you buy a guitar and you KNOW you'll have it for life? I felt that as soon as I started playing it. On past guitars the strap buttons would loosen and fall off. I had no problems with that on this guitar. One thing I will say is since its black it gets a lot of fingerprints sometimes, you just have to carry a rag in the case. And they come off fine. // 8

Overall Impression: I love this guitar so much! I would buy it again in a heart beat if something happened to it. I have been playing it for a little over a year and it is a dream! If you are thinking about buying a acoustic guitar that isn't too pricey I recommend this baby!

// 9

More Takamine reviews rating category latest review
+ D20 9.5 Acoustic Guitars 12/23/2013