EG345C Review

manufacturer: Takamine date: 06/16/2009 category: Acoustic Guitars
Takamine: EG345C
This guitar features a Spruce top with mahogany back and sides in Cutaway shape, a rosewood fingerboard with Abalone Snowflake inlays, an Abalone Rosette and gold tuners.
 9.3
 9.6
review (1) pictures (1) 9 comments vote for this gear:
EG345C Reviewed by: Jonesie110, on june 16, 2009

Features: I recently recieved a very lovely gift from my mother for graduation. This Takamine eg345c 12 string dreadnought cutaway acoustic/electric is one of the nicest guitars I have played on. It has a walnut finish on the backside and a natural wood finish on the front. The neck feels very wide, but it is nothing to drastic. 20 fret neck. The electronics on it are pretty cool. It gives you a three way selector and gain control. It also has a built in tuner (good for me because I wouldn't know where to begin tuning a 12 string) it has stock non-locking tuners. It came with a pick and a hard case. // 9

Sound: I love classic rock. The whole reason I wanted a twelve string was for two songs. Dead or alive and wish you were here. This guitar is perfect for what I wanted it for. No matter what you play, the 12 string makes it sound rich, and full. I have a Fender practice amp I hooked it up to and it sounded great. On the other hand I hooked it up to my death metal footpedal and I could barely pick up on the harmonic strings. This guitar is suited for almost any style of music. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: I found 0 flaws in this guitar. Everything on it looks like it was handcrafted. It says made in china, but what isn't these days? The pickups sound good. The bridge is straight. Great quality wood. Machineheads are solid. Properly bookmatched top. The factory did a wonderful job on this guitar. // 9

Reliability & Durability: Never want to test this but this guitar feels very solid for being an Acoustic body. The neck feels very solid as does tje fretboard. The one strap button on the guitar is the amp input and it is solid. I wuould depend on this guitar. It is a very nice finish and I believe it will last. // 9

Overall Impression: as I said before I love classic rock, and this guitar has opened doors for me, I have learned a few new songs, the twelve string makes it sound good. I have been playing for about a year and a half, I have a Washburn Acoustic, a Squier Strat, an Esteban starter guitar, and a Washburn w115. If I lost it I would definately try to get another one. // 9

More Takamine reviews rating category latest review
+ D20 9.5 Acoustic Guitars 12/23/2013