EG530SC Review

manufacturer: Takamine date: 01/19/2009 category: Acoustic Guitars
Takamine: EG530SC
Dreadnought, cut-away, acoustic-electric 6 string guitar with solid Spruce top, Nato back and sides, Abalone rosette and fretboard inlays, and a new preamp.
 Reliability & Durability: 9.3
 Features: 9.7
 9.3
 9.1
 9.4
reviews (3) 2 comments vote for this gear:
EG530SC Reviewed by: unregistered, on april 25, 2005

Features: Firstly the gloss finish is fantastic. I have seen some guitars that have had too much gloss applied. That created a plastic look. Not with the G-series. Just perfect. The preamp is also perfect. Lots of features. And a very handy onboard tuner. Although I would have liked to see a mute button for on stage tuning. Simple solution is just turn down the volume on guitar and tune on. // 10

Sound: For the price, nothing can beat it. The sound quality is second to none. Amplified or not. Very warm clean and clear tone. Producing all the correct low, mids, highs. When I first played it I was really surprised by the tone. I heard and played guitars of all makes and at least twice the price. That fell short in the tone department. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: The actiion is really good. Except for higher up the neck then it was getting a little high above the fretboard (simply fixed). I also noticed some fret buzz especially on the 4th fret. Again it's a simple fix, but this seems to be a little glitch on all the G-series. other than that, perfect. // 8

Reliability & Durability: Why was there not a second button strap fitted at the factory? With the proper care and attention this guitar will last a lifetime. And with a solid top the tone only gets better with age. Something to look forward to. // 10

Overall Impression: I'm really pleased with this guitar. I play everything from Aerosmith and ZZ Top. And the tone covers it well. I would recomend this guitar to anyone. No matter what style of playing. And with the name Takamine you know you are getting quality. // 10

EG530SC Reviewed by: unregistered, on december 06, 2004

Purchased from: Tom Lee Music

Features: This guitar was made in 2003. Although produced in Japan, this guitar is well built and is gauranteed to last through out your life. This guitar has 20 frets and the cutaway makes the 20th fret very accessible. Laminated Nato wood which is becoming extremely rare sounds great. Mostly the guitar is made of Nato the fingerboard is rosewood and the top is solid spruce. The preamp setup is very easy to configure. The TK4N preamp gives you a tunable notch filter and switchable midrange contour and a tuner on top of that. // 10

Sound: I play a wide range of music from Eric Clapton to John Mayer. No matter what you play the Nato wood brings great tone to your guitar playing. What I enjoy most about this guitar is the preamp. The tuner makes your life way easier when doing a show. Although the guitar sounds good sometimes theres a slight buzzing noise after about 15th fret which is the string hitting the fret. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar itself was setup well. The inside of it is well built. Since I've bought it about a year ago I havn't needed to take in for a tune-up. I don't think the guitar itself had any flaws. Although ones again I have to bring up the buzzing of the strings against the fret, which is easily repairable. But in my experience is very costly and isn't much worth repairing. // 10

Reliability & Durability: The guitar is well built and is able to withstand a lot of beating, and is able to last you a long, long time. The hardware is great I haven't had any trouble with it. This guitar is very dependable and I would probably not need a backup but you never know, so might as well have a backup, for those unlucky days everyone has them. // 10

Overall Impression: I love this guitar and am very impressed with the sound and durability of it. I've been playing for about 5 years and did many gigs with this guitar and if I ever had it stolen I'd probably replace it with the same guitar for the price and quality, it's great! I love the feel of it the neck is very smooth. The of this guitar is wonderful ones again. // 8

EG530SC Reviewed by: Xero/Cool, on january 19, 2009

Features: This guitar was made in Korea with a spruce top and nato back and sides with a brilliant glossy finish. The rosewood fretboard is extremely smooth though it tends to attract a lot of grime so be ready to have that cleaning oil ready the next time you replace your strings. The tuning pegs are really smooth but at the same time they feel indestructible, I've bumped my tuning pegs against a wall many a time and they still feel locked in place. The electronics are decent but the shining feature is the built in tuner which really comes in handy when you don't have a tuner around. // 9

Sound: I play Blues, Pop, and Folk but really, this guitar can play whatever you throw at it, from classical to local Hawaiian style music. A single note rings clearly and chords sound pure. Depending on the strings you use, you may get a bright sound or a dull sounding tone, but this is up to you to figure out. Remember this is just a mid level guitar, and it cannot be compared to a top notch one, but for the price, I believe the sound is amazing. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: Everything was perfect out of the box, low action, no flaws on the finish. Though there was a few blemishes on the wood, it was purely aesthetic and it was no problem. The best thing I like about this guitar is HOW EASY IT IS TO PLAY IT. Really, the action is perfect and it doesn't Hurt your fingers after hours of playing. // 9

Reliability & Durability: I believe this guitar is very reliable and onstage it would perform great. It can take a few beatings and scratches here and there but no more, because Who would want to ruin a perfectly shiny vibrant looking guitar? Not me. I'm worried about the hardware though, as the time passes by the chrome is starting to rust a little. It could cause problems so I would bring a backup guitar just in case. // 8

Overall Impression: My overall impression?? I believe that this guitar is the best bang for your buck and a purchase you will never regret. As the time goes by and new guitars come in your life, you will find yourself coming back to this one. // 9

More Takamine reviews rating category latest review
+ D20 9.5 Acoustic Guitars 12/23/2013