EG540C Review

manufacturer: Takamine date: 07/28/2011 category: Acoustic Guitars
Takamine: EG540C
If you haven't gathered by now, I love this guitar to pieces. This guitar is the working guitarists best friend.
 9.4
 9.2
 9.5
review (1) pictures (10) user comments vote for this gear:
EG540C Reviewed by: Hunter2081, on july 28, 2011

Features: I'm not too sure what year it was made, I know that the guitar is probably about 10 years old now. 21 frets, rosewood fretboard, maple top, back and sides, as for the neck, I was never told, but by the feel, I feel tempted to say mahogany. It has a Takamine T4 preamp and Piezo pickup. The preamp in this thing rocks. // 9

Sound: I play loads of different styles on this guitar... My father works from home, so I can't always blast away at electric, but I can play the accoustic as much as I want without him hearing, so this guitar is truly used for everything. Even when you want to coax electric guitar sounds out of this guitar, it shines. Everything about the sound in this guitar is beautiful. I've gigged this a few times through my Crate VTX212 (a great amo considering it's solid state), and I've had droves of experienced guitarists drool over the tone it helps to generate. Overall great sounding guitar. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: I have no idea about what it was like out of the factory (as it pre-dates my career as a guitarist). However I can say that since the day I recieved it, and all the years before that I played it, the action fit and finish were all up to a very high standard. I have mine in a natural finish and I think it's one of the nicest looking accoustics I've seen in a while. // 9

Reliability & Durability: I've gigged this guitar a good few times and it hasn't let me down once. The hardware has, and will last for many years. The strap button is solid to the point that I didn; t bother with a strap lock. The finish has lasted wonderfully and will likely look wonderful when I'm dead and buried. // 9

Overall Impression: If you haven't gathered by now, I love this guitar to pieces. I've been avidly playing for 4 and a half years, to the point where I can outplay much more experienced guitarists then I am. If it was stolen I think I would be inconsolable, as this acoustic really is the be all and end all for me. I've played much more expensive accoustics by the likes of Martin and Taylor, and to me, my Takamine is superior where it counts, gigging. This guitar is the working guitarists best friend. // 10

More Takamine reviews rating category latest review
+ D20 9.5 Acoustic Guitars 12/23/2013