EGSF15SC Review

7.4
review (1) 1 comment vote for this gear:
EGSF15SC Reviewed by: plasticjesus45, on july 22, 2006

Purchased from: GuitarTrader

Features: The EGSF15SC is dreadnought shaped. There is a turquoise & wood Native American inlay on the twelfth fret. The sides and back are solid sepele. The top is solid spruce. Transparent finish. 20 fret rosewood fingerboard. Takamine TK-40 electronics (tuner, bass/mid/treble, volume, EQ bypass, mid contour, notch filter). Chrome & pearl tuners and Native American Rosette Motif around the sound hole (turquoise & wood). It came with a free hardcase (it's really nice), 10' cable, Seiko tuner, and a guitartrader t*shirt. // 10

Sound: I play a wide range of music but I mainly do a fusion of hard rock and piano rock. This guitar suits me very well when I want to play acoustic in our songs. There is a nice blend with all the other instruments. the dreadnought body is a lways my first choice because of it's full, deep sound. I have played it through a PA and after a bit of adjustment it sounded really swell. I find the over all sound, whether plugged or unplugged, fulfilling. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: I have found nothing wrong with this guitar. Everything is even, the action is perfect in my opinion, and all the components seem to work in harmony. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I'm not gonna lie, this guitar meets and in some cases exceeds all my expectations. I haven't had a single strap problem, the electronics are reliable, and I've bumped it a few times and there isn't a single sign of it. I can honestly say that I could play a full acoustic show with this one guitar. // 10

Overall Impression: The Takamine EGSF15SC plays well with any genre. I've played country, hard rock, soft rock and alternative with it and it sounds brilliant with all of them. I am completely satisfied. In the event of it being lost or stolen, I would deffinately be willing to buy another one. I find the Native American motif to be very attractive. I have no issues with the guitar at all. I played Taylors, Ovations, Ibanezs and a few other acoustics, but this one stood out to me most. // 10

More Takamine reviews rating category latest review
+ D20 9.5 Acoustic Guitars 12/23/2013