G320 Review

8.8
review (1) pictures (1) 9 comments vote for this gear:
G320 Reviewed by: unregistered, on may 24, 2010

Purchased from: Furtados Music India

Features: 2010 model, made in China. Genuine spruce top with mahogany back and sides for full resonance. Gorgeous abalone rosette and position markers for pro looks. Rosewood fretboard and chromeplated tuners. The Takamine G320 Dreadnought is an extremely well-priced guitar with a more crafted shape that puts it a step above your standard guitar at this level. The G320 uses the normal Dreadnought shape, which delivers clean, bright tones in both your bass and treble end. The Takamine G320 Dreadnought uses a spruce top finished off with a satin matt, rather than the high gloss, for a natural 'folky' look. The Takamine G320 Dreadnought Features: Dreadnought Body Shape Concentric circles rosette 20 frets Spruce top (laminate) Mahogany back and sides Rosewood fretboard Abalone rosette Abalone dotsDot Inlays Chrome Machine Heads Satin finish Black pick guard // 9

Sound: I needed a budget guitar that sounded good and had a high level of playability and this guitar is just perfect. It has got a big sound and is a breeze to play. I don't know how the guys at Takamine do it but even though this guitar costs only $180, it blows away many guitars that cost twice as much. It's got a very clean and sweet sound that suits my style of playing which is mostly folksy and classical. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: My old guitar has a very low action so I found it a little difficult to play the Tak but after two days I find it to be perfect, though some of you guys might want it lowered a bit. The guitar was set up perfectly at the factory and needed no adjustment while purchasing. The top is perfectly bookmatched and the finish is neat with no visible flaws. The body has a natural satin finish while the neck has a matt finsh. There were no visible damage or scratches anywhere and the bride was glued properly with no flaws. Overall there are flaws whatsoever. The tuners are and closed type and so far I haven't had to tune my guitar in over a week. I hope it stays so for another :) // 9

Reliability & Durability: This guitar is mainly for playing around the home and with friends on the beach or outside some. I haven't played it live yet but I don't find any reason why it should fail me on stage. I hope to use to live soon and from the make I think it'll survive. The strap button's simple yet sturdy. Yes I would use it on a gig without a backup. The finish seems good enough and will last a while. // 9

Overall Impression: Both my bro's are great musicians and so is my dad. I can say I come from a musically rich family.I have been playing on and off for the last ten years, mostly off. However, I gave up a few years ago believing that music ain't in my genes. However, a few months ago I suddenly picked up my brother's old guitar determined to not let go this time. After playing for a few months I discovered it was not just me but also the instrument which lacked music in its genes. That's when I realised and decided that if I ever wanna be a real guitarist I got learn and play a real guitar. I believe anyone can go anything as long as you are really interested in it and are determined. Well this time I'm not gonna give up and more importantly this time I'm better equipped and hopefully I have grown a little wiser with the years. I love my new Tak and if it was ever stolen or lost I would definitely go for another (if possible a more expensive model). // 9

More Takamine reviews rating category latest review
+ D20 9.5 Acoustic Guitars 12/23/2013