G335 Review

review (1) pictures (1) 2 comments vote for this gear:
G335 Reviewed by: UnDistortion, on january 15, 2010

Price paid: C$ 250

Purchased from: Kijiji

Features: I bought the Takamine early this year because I was looking for a good acoustic to replace my garbage no-name brand one. This Takamine is a 1984 model, which means that it has a Martin-style headstock, which is rather rare, because they obviously got into some trouble for that. The body style dreadnought with a spruce top, and mahogany sides, and it sounds phenomenal, and stays in tune very well, especially for the price I got it at. The guitar also came with a BC rich fisherman pickup, but I don't think it came stock. // 9

Sound: I'm mostly an electric player, and I've found I definitely don't play the Takamine as much as it deserves. However, when I do use the Takamine, I tend to run it through my Crate V18 18 watt tube amp. When I first got it, I cranked the gain all the way up, just to see when it would start to sound like garbage, but it never did. I was also sitting on the amp, so I'm very surprised. Again, I don't think the unmodified G335's come with pickups, but they do sound pretty good mic'd up. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar was in amazing condition for a 26 year-old. The finish is very durable, and I haven't had to touch the action once. Overall, the guitar was in phenomenal condition, both due to it's caring previous owner, and excellent craftsmanship. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I would use the Takamine anywhere without worrying. It has never failed me. I still haven't broken a string, and the strings now look very old. The guitar is solid, the hardware will obvious last a lifetime, and it can handle a lot of wear and tear. Very trustworthy guitar. // 9

Overall Impression: Although it does not match my style of playing, the Takamine G335 will please any guitarist looking for a quality 12 string guitar. I love the sound, the durability, and the reliability. I hate nothing of it. I'm still amazed that it has such little feedback, even with gain maxed out. It really is an awesome guitar. // 10

More Takamine reviews rating category latest review
+ D20 9.5 Acoustic Guitars 12/23/2013