HG584C Review

6.7
review (1) user comments vote for this gear:
HG584C Reviewed by: UTRocker, on july 06, 2005

Purchased from: Hermes Music

Features: This acoustic/electric guitar is made in Korea. It has 21 frets, solid spruce top and the fingerboard is made of rosewood. The finish is all natural. The body style is a natural NEX cutaway with abalone rosette. It has a TK4NT onboard electronics which gives you a tunable notch filter, switch able midrange contour and on-board tuner. The guitar comes preset with D'Addario strings. For the price you're paying these features are as good s they come. // 10

Sound: This guitar is perfect for acoustic gigs and just playing around with. I like to play a lot of alternative rock and modern rock music as well as some country and this guitar is great for both sounds. I currently use a Line6 Spider II 112 and a Crate GFX 120, both amps are made for electric guitars, however the acoustic sounds great on them. I replaced the D'Addario strings with a light gauge of Elixir Polyweb and the sound just blew up! Not that the guitar didn't already sound bright but the elixir strings just gave it a little more edge and fullness to the sound of the guitar. The harmonic notes are very clear which is hard to find on most acoustics. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: My guitar came fresh out of the box so the action had to be slightly adjusted but these settings are more of a personal choice depending on how you like to play. The bridge and nut are on perfectly. No flaws were noticeable. The look couldn't be better! // 8

Reliability & Durability: This guitar was made to play live! I know it's not a Taylor guitar (my personal favorite and first choice) but this guitar is most defiantly reliable and durable. It has a big sound and a great body size. The strap buttons will not come off because they are fitted so perfectly into the body. The finish is natural so scratches and dents are hard to come by. As long as you take care of it will last for a great long time. // 10

Overall Impression: Like I said I love playing all kinds of rock, country, and Christian music and this Takamine is perfect for all these styles. I've been playing for almost 4 years and I can tell knock offs from original guitars. This one is an original brilliant guitar. I also own a Jasmine by Takamine acoustic and 2 Epiphone electric guitars, a Les Paul 100 model and a SG310. It I had to I probably would buy this guitar again, it's great. I love the fact that is sounds so good and clean. I think its second to a Taylor model and Taylors are hard if not impossible to compare to. I chose this guitar for its price and sound. For what you're paying, roughly $375.00, it's just a flat out awesome acoustic! // 10

More Takamine reviews rating category latest review
+ D20 9.5 Acoustic Guitars 12/23/2013