Jasmine Review

Takamine: Jasmine
review (1) user comments vote for this gear:
Jasmine Reviewed by: DREWCHRISTIAN, on november 15, 2010

Purchased from: Krazy Al's

Features: Made in 2010 in Indonesia. 21 frets on a rosewood neck. Very attractive wood on the sides and back. The finish is satin, also looks very nice. The body style is dreadnought. // 9

Sound: This guitar has a very good tone. The highs and lows balance out exceptionally well for a guitar in this price range. I mainly finger pick, and this guitar projects a warm tone with a full sound. I play stuff like City and Colour, Chase Coy, and bands/musicians like them, Taking Back Sunday, Set Your Goals, Blink 182, and I also tune it to Drop D and play Acoustic renditions of stuff like A Day To Remember. It doesn't do too well in drop d when it comes to barre chords. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: The action is perfect. It's low which is my favorite. It didn't have any fret buzz, and the only thing wrong with it was a cosmetic flaw where the neck meets the body on the side. It looks like they rushed it. But who is going to look at that anyway if you're playing it? // 9

Reliability & Durability: I feel pretty confident that this guitar will last a long time. I am recording my album soon with it, and that is a key factor in letting you know how good this guitar is. // 10

Overall Impression: It fits my style of playing very well; I'm completely satisfied. I've been playing for almost two years, and my first guitar was an Ibanez acoustic, which I didn't like as much. The tone wasn't very bright, and it was very hard to keep in tune. And I payed a little over twice as much for it. If it were stolen/lost, I would definitely buy it again. Hell, I'd even buy another right now if I could. Alternate tunings, you know? I was torn between a Johnson parlor-sized Acoustic and this one. I chose this one because of the bright tone. // 9

More Takamine reviews rating category latest review
+ D20 9.5 Acoustic Guitars 12/23/2013