DBT SJCE TBK Discovery Deluxe Review

manufacturer: Tanglewood date: 06/14/2011 category: Acoustic Guitars
Tanglewood: DBT SJCE TBK Discovery Deluxe
I play all kinds and it keeps up the only thing that let this down is there is no scratch guard and it marks quite easily I would recommend this to a beginner and a seasoned guitar player.
 8.6
 7.8
 9.3
review (1) pictures (1) 1 comment vote for this gear:
DBT SJCE TBK Discovery Deluxe Reviewed by: worthy79, on june 14, 2011

Purchased from: Ebay

Features: The guitar is designed in the UK and made in China it has 21 frets and has a cutaway body its almost jumbo its laminated all round with a grey smoke finish it has ivory trim with rosewood fretboard. It is a semi Acoustic guitar with a built in EQ with a bass treble and mid and a volume takes a battery tuners are unlabled came with nothing but the label with gauge measurements on it. // 8

Sound: I will start by saying I am no expert but a player of around six months I have played and started on a Yamaha but this thing feels and sounds great it suits me fine it sounds great through an amp and even on overdrive I am no expert but I picked this after trying a few and it sounds big and crisp. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: The action was set up brilliantly pickups seemed to do the job there are no probs I can see my guitar teacher says he could play lead on it LOL only thing I would say is if I use 10 gauge strings the G string needs tuning every few hours but with 12 s on itts fine. // 8

Reliability & Durability: I am not experienced enough to comment on whether this would last a gig but it feels like it would last and the strap pegs feel fine finish is good a little thin around the sound hole looks a little worn the guitar will not hold tune for long periods of time without 12 gauge strings on but because I sarted on 10 s and now use 12 s it doesnt't matter to me this may be a negative on the tuning pegs as I said there is no na, e on them so. // 7

Overall Impression: I play all kinds and it keeps up the only thing that let this down is there is no scratch guard and it marks quite easily I would recommend this to a beginner and a seasoned guitar player and if I had the chance I would buy one again I look forward to looking back and picking it up in 20 year and saying I love this guitar it taught me well. // 8

More Tanglewood reviews rating category latest review
+ TW45 W OP E 8.7 Acoustic Guitars 02/11/2014