TRD Review

manufacturer: Tanglewood date: 09/22/2011 category: Acoustic Guitars
Tanglewood: TRD
The guitar is great for strumming and fingerstyle. Standard Dreadnought sized. Solid Spruce top with rosewood sides and back. Glossy and natural colour.
 8.6
 9.2
 7.9
review (1) pictures (1) 3 comments vote for this gear:
TRD Reviewed by: unregistered, on september 22, 2011

Purchased from: Singapore tymusic

Features: Made in China, but Tanglewood is a British brand. Standard Dreadnought sized. Solid Spruce top with rosewood sides and back. Glossy and natural colour. Rosewood bridge. Rosewood fingerboard. Mahogany neck. Gig back provided with purchase. Gold Kluson style tuners with Butterbean buttons. Bone compensating saddle. Rosewood rosette. Herringbone top binding. Maple back & side binding. // 10

Sound: The guitar is great for strumming and fingerstyle. My family thought that this guitar was powerful sounding with sweet and clear mid tones. I especially love the mids and highs. And the rosewood back and sides provided the deep bass sustains. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: Action was too high for my liking. But, being able to setup the guitar myself, I was quickly able to setup the guitar for my own style of play. // 8

Reliability & Durability: Strap buttons are of high quality. And I placed a Fishman humbuckle sound hole pickup to great success. I believe this guitar will last me a long time. Great value for money given that it sounded so good at such a great price. // 9

Overall Impression: I certainly would buy another if I've lost this. And would upgrade to the TW1000 to upgrade. // 10

More Tanglewood reviews rating category latest review
+ TW130 ASM CE 9 Acoustic Guitars 07/24/2014