110E Review

9.4
 9.6
review (1) pictures (1) 2 comments vote for this gear:
110E Reviewed by: JTruex, on march 26, 2009

Features: This is by far the best guitar I have ever had. It is mid-ranged but has the sound of a higher priced Acoustic Taylor. It has an active pickup inside (Taylor EST), and sounds just as good plugged up, as unplugged. I have never felt such a good neck on a guitar, it is very easy to play on and feels great. Because of the great tuners, I barely ever have to tune the guitar up each time I play it. Included with it came this great padded gig bag that has kept it from scratches and other dangers. It is a great deal. // 10

Sound: I love playing all types of styles, from blues to country to classical to Acoustic pop. This guitar sounds great for all type of genres. When plugged in, I usually play with a clean sound through a church sound system, and it sounds beautiful with no imperfections in sound. The electronics are out of the way (on the neck-side of the guitar) and you may get a variety of sound out of playing around with the two tone knobs. This is a very versatile guitar. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: When I received this guitar in December, it was more than ready to play. The action was perfect, the fretboard felt great, the finish was flawless, and the strings weren't cheap feeling or mediocre. No complaints at all! // 10

Reliability & Durability: I've had this guitar for about 4 months now, and it has aged quit well this far. It has been used every Wednesday and Sunday in front of a Live crowd since I received it. I have had absolutely no wear and tear. The finish is still flawless in spite of it bumping walls and tables and such. I have never had to worry about having a backup while using this guitar. // 9

Overall Impression: Overall, this guitar is amazing for the price. The Music I play most in front of a Live crowd is worship music, and I have gotten many compliments about how my sound improved from when I had my last Acoustic, to this one. My favorite feature is the electronics, they are small and out of the way. They are also so small, that you still get a very natural sound when you play it unplugged. If you buy this guitar, you will certainly not regret it. It was my first Taylor, but it certainly won't be my last! // 9

More Taylor reviews rating category latest review
+ 414CE 8.9 Acoustic Guitars 05/12/2014