410CE Review

manufacturer: Taylor date: 08/05/2006 category: Acoustic Guitars
Taylor: 410CE
Sporting a Venetian cutaway and Taylor?s Expression System electronics, this versatile Dreadnought is ready for anything. From your living room to the concert stage, it?s ideal for medium to heavy strumming and flatpicking.
 8.7
 7.3
review (1) 1 comment vote for this gear:
410CE Reviewed by: gwbeson, on august 05, 2006

Purchased from: Private

Features: Made in 2005, in California, this acoustic guitar is my favorite that I have ever played (and I've played a few). Solid sitka spruce top and solid sides and back, polished top, with flamed-satin sides and back. It has a string-thru body bridge with talor es blue technology pickups (3) right under it. It has three volume controls located next to the neck, they control the low, mid, and high volume, and you blend these to make the perfect tone. Locking Taylor tuning machines. I had to buy the case separately. // 10

Sound: Sounds like sweetness toasted on sugar. Very bright highs, and mellow crunching lows, and warm mids. I run it through a Yamaha acoustics processor and then through a Line 6 stack when it's plugged. But normally I leave it unplugged because I play mostly folk/classic rock. The guitar doesn't have a huge variety, but it played through a pedal just like an electric would. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: Very low action plays like a Fender Strat, the pickups are not adjusted it's all custom to your tastes, you must set the levels when you bring it home. I don't notice any flaws at all, the body was completely hand made and sanded, so it has a standard to live up to. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This guitar is not only elegant, but rugged, and could take a beating (although I don't know why you'd want to do that). It's just very important to keep the humidity at a constant level, as it will swell and sink like a solid wood guitar does. // 10

Overall Impression: I play mostly Folk and classic rock, so this is great for me, I own two more acoustics, as well as 2 electrics, a small Fender amp and a Line 6 stack. If it was stolen I would definately have to save some money before purchasing it again. I love the sound unplugged, and I don't hate anything about it. I compared it with a Martin HD28AE but, this one was lighter and had active pickups. // 10

More Taylor reviews rating category latest review
+ 914CE 9.9 Acoustic Guitars 07/21/2014