SF-47 Review

manufacturer: Vester date: 02/03/2004 category: Acoustic Guitars
20 jumbo frets, body starts at the 14th fret. Laminated body.
 9.8
 9.6
review (1) user comments vote for this gear:
SF-47 Reviewed by: unregistered, on february 03, 2004

Features: This guitar was brand new when my grandfather bought it (1993). I'm not sure where it is manufactured, and I can't find a website for them so I don't know about that info. The guitar has 20 jumbo frets, and the body starts at the 14th fret, that a real pain. The bridge is the normal kind using pegs into the body, and the bridge is wood. The body is laminated so its smooth and shines. The paintjob is really nice, on the top its honey maple with a redwood looking pickguard. The sides, back, head and the bottom of the neck are all the same color as the pickguard. The body design is the average acoustic design, both sides of the body come out at the 14th fret. No accesories were included. // 8

Sound: Well I hate country and that kind of music, and thats why I bought an electric guitar. I have no tuner so when the guitar gets out of tune its hard to correct, but when its properly tuned it plays like a dream. Bright highs and deep lows, it has it all. The sound is full and loud without need of amplification. I just miss the rock feel when I play it, so i play my electric. But for anyone who plays acoustic all the time, you'd love this guitar. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: One problem with the guitar is the strings tend to loosen quickly and it drops out of tune. The tuners give into the pull of the strings and loosen, which is a pain (especially when you have no tuner). Thsi guitar would be ideal for live performances, it has stage series right in the name. Everything on the guitar is top quality, and durable. Strings tend to last long depending on what songs you play. If your like me and want to play metallica or some other heavy sounding group, this guitar holds up to it for quite some time before the strings give and a string breaks. Then again I always bought the $10 strings so that could be why lol. Well put together though. No defects or weak parts. The body is strong, I could probably jump on it and still do a Concert with it. // 10

Reliability & Durability: Very reliable guitar. Slap on some expensive strings and you've got no worries. The bridge, frets, and tuners are all well put together, and as long as you aren't gonna pound the shit out of it, it coudl be your only guitar for a gig. The strap button is solid, it only has one. The finish is excellent, stands up to anything. I can look closely and see no pick marks or damage. Definately reliable. I've seen John Mayer use it ligve before (hate him but oh well). // 10

Overall Impression: I like this guitar. If you stuck in a pickup this guitar would amaze you forever. If it got stolen, i wouldn't go and pay $599 for something i barely use, but i'd be pissed off. Then I'd go buy a Schecter C-1 E/A lol. I would definately compare this guitar to a gibson acoustic (i've played one, they sound identical) I've been playing for half a year so I'm not Kirk Hammet but I'm pickup up fast and when I get into a band I would use this guitar for some songs. Like I said I would use it all the time but its not my style, I didn't buy it, my grandfather gave it to me. I love that it's so different from normal electric. And when I get a tuner I'll like it a lot more, but right now all the notes are flat and the strings have gone to hell so I'll get new ones sometime. Anyways awesome guitar, really impressed, helped me learn really well. I recommend you get it if you have some bucks and your looking for an kick ass guitar. // 10

More Vester reviews rating category latest review
+ Stage Series 7.1 Electric Guitars 04/27/2011