V1300VSB Review

8.6
review (1) user comments vote for this gear:
V1300VSB Reviewed by: unregistered, on february 05, 2008

Purchased from: Regent Guitars

Features: Made 2007, China. Small body (000). 14 frets clear of body, Rosewood fretboard (bound). Solid german spruce top, solid mahogany back, sides and neck. Vintage Sunbust body and back of neck (natual available), gloss finish. Mock 'tortie' binding on top and sides. Rosewood bridge, compensated. Mock 'tortie' scratch plate. 1 strap button. Open backed Grover tuners. // 8

Sound: Very well balanced and nice tone, very punchy great for the bluesy stuff I usually play, holds up to a range of other syles ok but best for blues, it love finger picking, good dynamics. Good sustain, very surprised at the tone considering money paid. It's loud too. Won't need to upgrade until I can afford a nice Vintage Gibson L-00. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: This guitar looks stunning, the sunbursing and the natural wood through the high gloss finish combined with the mock 'tortie' binding is looks fantastic. Feels solidly built and finish is very hardwearing. Looks well put together inside, no glue visible all fitted together well, nice bridge. Action is good for me it could be a little lower but fine to play. Open backed Grover tuners add a nice touch. The neck is fairly chunky for me is not quite Vintage chunky but it's not a modern feel neck. The guitar has a very Vintage feel to it in general. Only flaw I can find is there are a couple of small chips on the underside fretboard binding. // 9

Reliability & Durability: This guitar is not going to break in a hurry, there not much to break the wood is all soildly put together and no electrics. I've never known a guitar stay in tune so well but this could just be the strings. The finish is something else, prob not the best for tone but it's very hard wearing, wish it would wear a bit it looks too shiny and I prefer the Vintage look. The strap button isn't up to much and I would have preferred 2. // 9

Overall Impression: I'm very impressed with this guitar, it puches way above it's price tag. I've been playing for aroud 15 years now but mostly electric (Gibson SG) bought this guitar specifically for acoustic blues which it does very well. It souds good with other styles too but I can really comment as I'm only interested in getting a nice blues sound. I mostly play rock and blues but I'm just a hack I will never play professionally but I can twang away on my porch till my hearts content with this guitar. If it was stolen I'd buy it again because I don't think I could get a better small bodied acoustic without spending a lot of money. // 9

More Vintage reviews rating category latest review
+ V6 Icon 8.6 Electric Guitars 08/15/2013