V1500N Review

review (1) pictures (1) 4 comments vote for this gear:
V1500N Reviewed by: Laurie G, on july 31, 2009

Price paid: C$ 621

Purchased from: Retrotown Music

Features: This beautiful 21 fret combination Rosewood, Maple and more naturally finished guitar was made in early 2000's. I purchased it in November 2008. I believed it was manufactured in the UK but I have read other reviews stating Vintage is made in China? I'm not sure anymore. I have tried contacting the manufacturer regarding some issues but have not received any replies allbeit I only did this 6 days ago. This guitar stands out among others, it's gorgeous. // 9

Sound: I play for leisure only and this guitar far exceeds my current ability. It was a super gift to myself with some extra cash that came to me, I also have a $140 Renaissance which I take to work and play kids songs at circle time. This Vintage has a very rich sound to it when it is tuned. Problem is keeping the bridge glued on to keep it playable. Like I said, I have limited ability and it could make much more beautiful music in the hands of an experienced player. // 7

Action, Fit & Finish: Purchased in November 2008, the bridge came unglued by February. With more experience I would have probably noticed sooner, I could not keep it tuned and found it so hard to push down on the strings. I accidentally looked at it more closely and realized the bridge was almost completely unglued. It was repaired by some great technicians at Spaceman Music in Ottawa and I was thrilled. It happened again less than two months later and by April they repaired it for a second time. Last Saturday I noticed the bridge has come unglued for a third time. I'm sure that the technicians are doing all they can but what is wrong with this guitar? Other than this one MAJOR FLAW, I really adore this guitar. // 5

Reliability & Durability: With a properly attached bridge, I believe this guitar should last for generations. I have a beautiful leather strap that wraps it all up perfectly. It does not come with a plate under the opening and I'm wondering about the wood where the pick sometimes hits. A friend musician told me you can purchase this and add it on your own. Still on the fence about covering up the wood or wear and tear. I like, however, that I had the option. // 8

Overall Impression: Family, friends and children at the daycare - these are the people I play for and this Vintage V1500N is more than a good match. I have 3 other Acoustic guitars in this household but Vintage is the King. I paid the most for this one and I expected it would be of the best quality. None of the other guitars have bridges that have come unglued, let alone three times in 9 months. Something has to be wrong with this? I'm looking for feedback from all the experienced guitar gurus. What are my options at this point? I love the guitar, it looks beautiful and sounds great - WHEN IT'S GLUED. My husband told me to get this guitar immediately when he heard it in the store after playing a few others. Oh ya, forgot to mention another important fact! Sorry, The Music store I purchased it at, Retrotown Music, closed it's doors in February - the same week I noticed the unglued bridge for the first time. I chose to have the work done at Spaceman Music because I was scared to lose my guitar at the place that was closing. He is no longer available as an option to contact, I'm assuming. // 8

More Vintage reviews rating category latest review
+ V6 Icon 8.6 Electric Guitars 08/15/2013